Hotel Overview: Nestled along the shores of the legendary Yangcheng Lake, Fairmont Yangcheng Lake is a luxury five star resort with over 80 hectares of lush parkland, recreation facilities and Yue Feng Organic Farm. The hotel features 200 guest rooms with lakeside views plus an additional 25- room VIP villa, 1,600 square meters of function space, a Willow Stream Spa and Health Club and 5 Food and Beverage Outlets, including high-end signature Chinese Restaurant.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- To ensure through continuously physically checking all areas within the Hotel and all aspects of the Engineering services and implementation of standard procedures the highest standard of maintenance is achieved
- To ensure all log books, record sheets and dairy of events are correctly completed and kept up to date prior to finishing your shift.
- To ensure maintenance request assigned to you are completed competently, with the minimum of disruption to the Hotel’s guests and colleagues and within a given time
- To ensure the daily readings of all utility meters are carried out, and recorded, and the consumption calculations are completed
- To ensure Hotel's fire, health and safety procedures are implemented
- To perform any other duties and responsibilities as required by the Director of Engineering
- Attend and report to Director of Engineering and Building Maintenance Manager any actions or action plans that may arise from inspections by the local authorities
- Previous experience is an asset
- University or college diploma in a building services discipline
- At least 2 years working as Duty Engineer or higher in a hotel maintenance operation or service maintenance in a similar complex.
- Good knowledge and practical skills in electrical, mechanical maintenance, A/C systems, Boilers, steam, gas, water supplies distribution and sewerage treatment plants and equipment.
- Ability to demonstrate, motivational, leadership skills, problem solving, planning and organizing, decision making, prioritizing, delegating training and developing and producing results.
- Good spoken English communication and written would be an advantage.
- Fluency in Chinese Mandarin (verbal & written) essential
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in China.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Kunshan Shi, Suzhou Shi, China
- Starting in
- As soon as possible