As a key position for the hotel operation, steward is committed to support any activities of culinary management and facilitate all guests (internal & external) needs and expectations in stewarding by providing exceptional service.
Hotel Overview: Nestled along the shores of the legendary Yangcheng Lake, Fairmont Yangcheng Lake is a luxury five star resort with over 80 hectares of lush parkland, recreation facilities and Yue Feng Organic Farm. The hotel features 200 guest rooms with lakeside views plus an additional 25- room VIP villa, 1,600 square meters of function space, a Willow Stream Spa and Health Club and 5 Food and Beverage Outlets, including high-end signature Chinese Restaurant.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Chief Stewards, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Take responsibility of the stewarding operation acting as a partner to the Chief Steward, Assist Chief Steward and Supervisor
- Assist colleagues, steward management and culinary team to work with their greatest ability to provide assistance to the kitchens for plate up, doing whatever it takes to delight the guests
- Collectively achieve goals and missions required for the stewarding department
- Support the company philosophies
- Assist kitchens when necessary
- Organization of china, glasses, silverware and hollowware from the outlets and main storage
- Provide enough equipment (china, glasses, silver) to the outlets and banquets for their operations
- Fully understand chemicals and other hazardous supplies
- Ensure that all areas supplied with a sufficient supply of paper, detergent products and cleaning products.
- Maintain and clean all waste removal areas including dustbins, trolleys and equipment in accordance to HACCP and Group regulations
- Know and apply ability to operate kitchen equipment safely and properly in the kitchen
- Constantly strive to reduce energy consumption through awareness
- Uphold Kitchen cleanliness and hygiene of your kitchen and lead by Hygiene Officer, including physical cleaning of areas as required
- Report for duty in the assigned outlet with correct uniform in a timely manner
- Report and handle any accident immediately, no matter how minor
- Respond properly in any hotel emergency or safety situation
- Perform other task or projects as assigned by hotel management and staff
- Work flexible hours as hotel business changes
- Assist and provide equipment for any banquet function
- Assist and help banquet kitchen to plate up
- Create a good relationship with all the employees and managers
- Minimize the breakage to a minimum
- Pro-actively commit to energy saving practice
- Ensure the breakage is kept to a minimum
- Work close with the Casual Labor Steward together
- Ensure adherence to Fairmont’s Code of Ethics
- Ensure grooming standards are met
- Previous experience not required
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Strive to exceed guest expectation and take the culinary team going from good to great.
- Always act in a professional manner using the company’s Mission, Vision and Values.
- Fluency in Chinese Mandarin (verbal & written) essential
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in China
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. Our Sustainability Partnership program represents our ever-expanding commitment to being a responsible business and to following the principles of sustainability across our operations, the world over. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Kunshan Shi, Suzhou Shi, China
- Starting in
- As soon as possible