Immaculate public areas, attractive grounds and efficient operational systems combine to make Fairmont Hotels & Resorts places of unrivalled presence. As Director, Engineering, you will empower your team to achieve exceptional standards, and develop preventative maintenance and resource management programs that ensure a safe and welcoming hotel for all Colleagues, guests and visitors.
Hotel Overview: On KwaZulu-Natal’s Dolphin Coast, under an abundant forest canopy, you will find Zimbali - Zulu for “valley of flowers.” A sanctuary unlike any other in South Africa, this charming and unspoiled region is a nature lover’s wonderland. Dappled shadows from the lush vegetation and cool breezes from the Indian Ocean leave their mark on your soul. Endless beaches and clear skies invite you to relax and dream. Within this subtropical paradise, set within the serene confines of a coastal forest reserve, you will find the highest expression of exclusive hospitality: Fairmont Zimbali Resort.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the General Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Lead and manage the day to day activities of the Maintenance department and ensure all standards are followed
- Oversee ongoing maintenance, repair and preventative maintenance in the Hotel with a focus to improve efficiency, profitability and service levels
- Co-ordinate renovation and capital projects, managing outside contractors as required
- Prepare and manage the annual maintenance budget and assist in the preparation of the capital plan
- Ensure the hotel complies with all government regulations pertaining to building code requirements, health, fire and life safety programs
- Review ongoing service contracts ensuring superior performance and competitive pricing
- Monitoring energy and water management programs to ensure cost effective use of utilities
- Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs
- Follow departmental policies and procedures
- Follow all safety policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous leadership experience as a Chief Engineer or similar required
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
- Engineering degree/diploma or related discipline preferred
- Proven ability to handle multiple complex projects with a focus on results
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in South Africa.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- Zimbali, Dolphin Coast, South Africa
- Starting in
- As soon as possible