Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Assistant Financial Controller, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Required to work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish all major responsibilities and tasks.
- Follow all local and corporate policies and procedures relating to the position while working in a safe and organized working environment.
- Self-motivated with a high degree of analytical ability and confidentiality.
- Verify that all invoices are supported by signed and approved purchase orders.
- Ensure proper coding of invoices to the appropriate General Ledger account, and vendor number.
- Count and verify daily cash receipts that are submitted.
- Document and reconcile cash receipts to the PMS system and provide assistance in the completion of bank deposits in a timely manner.
- Provide monetary change to colleagues with hotel floats. Issuing due backs to cashiers if required.
- Perform a daily count of the main house bank and documenting this accordingly.
- Audit all hotel floats on a monthly basis with the float holder present.
- Maintain current house bank agreements and report all cash and deposit discrepancies to the Assistant Controller.
- Maintain a log of all issued house banks, conducting house bank audits according to the guidelines of our company policy.
- Complete petty cash disbursements.
- Ensure current exchange rates are posted and all foreign currencies and cheques are deposited without delay.
- Ensure daily payroll runs smoothly and that the appropriate reports are sent to the Human Resources Department and other listed parties on time.
- Ensure that vacation entitlements and accruals are completed according to company policy and South African Labour Law.
- Ensure that all payroll advances are deducted and reconciled accordingly.
- Ensure that payments of all deductions (Provident Fund) are paid on time to the appropriate vendor.
- Prepare department payroll reports, assisting with payroll editing and responding to inquiries efficiently.
- Prepare payroll journal for month end processing and submit this journal on the first of every month to the Assistant Controller.
- Ensure the payroll system is functioning correctly i.e. relevant back-up information stored for use on current and historical reporting.
- To perform other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Financial qualification or studying towards a qualification is an advantage
- Financial acumen
- Attention to detail
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in South Africa
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Zimbali, Dolphin Coast, South Africa
- Starting in
- As soon as possible