Purchasing & Cost Control Manager
On KwaZulu-Natal’s Dolphin Coast, under an abundant forest canopy, you will find Zimbali - Zulu for “valley of flowers.” A sanctuary unlike any other in South Africa, this charming and unspoiled region is a nature lover’s wonderland. Dappled shadows from the lush vegetation and cool breezes from the Indian Ocean leave their mark on your soul. Endless beaches and clear skies invite you to relax and dream. Within this subtropical paradise, set within the serene confines of a coastal forest reserve, you will find the highest expression of exclusive hospitality: Fairmont Zimbali Resort.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Finance and Business Support responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Prepare and assist in analyzing food and beverage costs on a monthly basis and recommend alternatives to improve costs
- Establish and maintain a database for food and beverage inventory stock including up-to-date pricing. Materials Control
- Ensure proper storage and issuance of all food and beverage items – Stores Procedures
- Establish and maintain a cost allocation transfer system for food and beverage supplies to the various departments. Materials Control
- Assist management in menu costing in order to establish menu item sale prices
- Prepare F&B reports as requested by management.
- Prepare all hotel costs on a monthly basis – Journals
- Prepare all food & beverage costs per outlet on a monthly basis – Trading Summary
- Menu engineering reports as required
- Implement sound purchasing policies, systems and procedures in accordance with Company standards
- Ensure the efficient operation of the Purchasing Department in all aspects
- Establish contracts to ensure reduced pricing for all operating areas of the hotel
- Monitor vendors for quality, service and price through standard purchasing specifications
- Assist with Operating Capital Expenditure process (AFE)
- Receives and checks backup documentation for purchase requisitions generated by other departments/HOD
- Calls for quotations from various suppliers for any new items. A minimum of three independent genuine quotations must be obtained for purchases of more than R5000
- Ensure that all purchase order requests are properly completed and approved.
- Ensures all approved orders are placed with the relevant suppliers – Store Items
- Ensures all approved orders for non-store items, direct expenses are sent to the relevant HOD/Departments
- Carries out regular market survey prices of all items and services for the hotel by keeping constant touch with the suppliers
- Follows up and ensures that goods are delivered in accordance with the purchase order and without any delay
- Responsible for making sure that the administrative procedures relating to the purchase of goods is followed
- Ensures that the suppliers follow the rules relating to hygiene of goods delivered
- Keeps all records in a way that they can be checked at any time for information or audit purposes
- Assist in monthly or quarterly inventories as needed
- Any other administrative duties within the department
- Perform any additional duties as assigned by the Director of Finance & Business Support
- Diploma/Certificate in Supply Chain and Logistics
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Stores, Purchasing & Receiving, preferably within a hotel environment.
- Computer literacy (Ms Office, Excel, Micros, Symphony, Material Control)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain a good team environment.
- Ability to work in a highly pressurised environment
- Proactivity with regard to Controls.
- Possession of a drivers licence is an advantage
Visa Requirements: Must be eligible to work in South Africa
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Job type
- Zimbali, Dolphin Coast, South Africa
- Starting in
- As soon as possible