Residence ManagerReporting directly to the General Manager, the Residences Manager mandate is to assist in the planning, directing and management of the operations for:
Fairmont Heritage Place (FHP)
Homes for Zimbali Rentals
Zimbali Vacation Club (ZVC)
This role must ensure that guest expectations are consistently exceeded, to deliver superior operating performance, and to provide ownership a return on their investment.
The Residences Manager’s duties include assuring that the wants and needs of the owners and our guests are consistently exceeded. This function includes planning and implementing budgets, and management of leaders and colleagues with a focus to inspire an open innovative learning environment where employees can reach their full potential.
Clearly demonstrate to guests and colleagues a commitment to service excellence through the effective implementation and delivery of Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Core Standards at all times.
Foster a winning, solution-oriented work environment, motivating and engaging colleagues to continuously deliver the best possible service to our guests.
Direct operational needs to ensure compliance with the hotel’s Annual Budget and Strategic Plan.
Ensure that monthly financial outlooks for relevant departments are on time, on-target and accurate.
Coordinate the planning and implementation of projects.
Monitor and act on staffing levels and productivity targets.
Function as a key member of the resort Extended Executive Committee and leadership team.
Lead and manage the day to day operations of the above mentioned entities ensuring all service standards are followed
Prepare annual budgets for the relevant departments and administer in a fiscally responsible manner
Lead and support all relevant areas in the achievement of their financial and operational targets
Control all purchases for the departments, consistently aware of quality and cost
Assist in the preparation of the annual strategic plan and achieve the goals and targets therein
Ensure effective and proactive yield management, increasing RevPAR index within the competitive set
Follow department policies, procedures and service standards
Any other duties as assigned
- Previous experience in a senior leadership role, within a similar hotel brand required
- Extensive Hotel operations experience required
- Demonstrated knowledge of budget planning and financial controls
- Computer literate in Microsoft Windows applications required
- University/College degree in a related discipline preferred
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Job type
- Zimbali, Dolphin Coast, South Africa
- Starting in
- As soon as possible