· Liaising with the Activities Coordinator to determine bookings and any special requirements for guests and visitors.
· Greeting visitors and guests as they arrive at the resort and providing a basic resort briefing.
· Ensuring factual knowledge is imparted to visitors and guests regarding the history and future development of the resort; its animals, plants and trees, bird life, archeological heritage and (if applicable) marine life.
· Maintaining at all times the cultural sensitivity of various nationalities.
· Guiding and delivering tourism activities incorporating (but not limited to) archery, biking, Desert drive, camel ride, desert walk, falcon show, city and cultural tours, wild life drives, water activities and all other related tourism activities as directed by the activities department or hotel management
· Ensuring that safety requirements are adhered to by visitors, including the supply and correct use of all personal protective equipment for both themselves and guests appropriate to the activity being undertaken, including the completion of all related safety briefings and indemnity related paperwork.
· Escorting VIPs, familiarization groups and media and in doing so be an ambassador for the resort and Anantara. In the case of media visits, these will be conducted in conjunction with the Marketing/PR Department.
· Maintaining a high level of physical fitness commensurate with the tourism activities being delivered.
· Gathering statistical information from guests & visitors in relation to the quality of their experience and providing feedback to management in relation to guest requests and/or suggestions.
· Any other duties associated with the position in order to meet the needs of the business.
- Desert Drive - Dune Bashing, soft, and hard drive
- Animal Experience - Camel rides, Horse ride, Falcon & Saluki shows
- Activities - Archery, Desert Walks, Resort Tour, Fat Biking
The ideal candidate should be having a valid UAE driving license and desert/ off-road driving skills.
• Previous experience managing above said activities or tourism establishment
• Strong commercial/business acumen & story teller
• Passion for process, & people
Qasr Al Sarab Resort by Anantara
What we offer for our guests in Qasr Al Sarab Resort- unparalleled luxury and comfort amid the mystic desert charm of Abu Dhabi’s Empty Quarter. Ride on a camel over sun soaked dunes as this foreboding landscape unwinds eternally in front of you. Soak in the freeform swimming pool while desert wildlife grazes in the shade below. Be inspired by glorious Arabian décor that channels one of the world’s most ancient and revered cultures.
Located in the legendary Liwa Desert, one of the largest uninterrupted sand deserts in the world, Qasr Al Sarab Desert Resort by Anantara embraces the epic adventures of this evocative landscape by providing a luxury oasis for discerning travellers. Recline by the plunge pool outside your own private villa, or stretch out on a sumptuous day bed surrounded by rich Middle Eastern fabrics and local artefacts. Every room, villa and suite is considered to be some of the finest abodes among luxury Abu Dhabi resorts and features desert views, blending our rich interiors with the landscape.
Qasr Al Sarab Desert Resort by Anantara distinguishes itself from other Abu Dhabi hotels bringing its guests the quintessential Abu Dhabi luxury resort experience with leisure facilities to please the most demanding of tastes. A sanctuary of wellbeing that draws on an array of ancient cultures at Anantara Spa. A choice of four dining venues that offer the greatest Middle Eastern cuisine and fine gastronomic experiences from across the globe.