We have an exciting opportunity for a Reservations Manager to join our highly successful team at the The Soho Hotel. To be successful in this role you will need to be confident and an engaging communicator ensuring inspirational service is delivered to our guests. Working as part of our front office team, you will be expected to demonstrate excellent attention to detail and interpersonal skills. Your main responsibility as a Reservations Manager is to take direction from the Revenue Manager; you will assist with running the daily operation of the reservations department, supporting the team and handling incoming reservation enquiries, ensuring that the needs of our guests are met.
Working as part of the management team, you will be need to be ambitious and flexible to adapt to a variety of scenario’s and situations. You should be confident in your knowledge of the hotel rooms and facilities, and be at ease managing rates and packages with clients and external agents.
Essential Key Skills;
- Previous experience in a high end operation as a Reservations Manager or Supervisor
- Previous experience using the Opera system
- Strong working knowledge of all the Front Office operations
- Excellent customer service skills and communication
- The ability to work well under pressure and in a busy environment
- A high level of understanding of the current hospitality trends and our competitors
- Exceptional attention to detail and organisation
- Capable of motivating a team through training and solid leadership
- Taking Reservations calls and replying to email enquiries
- Produce weekly and monthly departmental reports for the General Manager
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues, travel agents and guests ensuring an inspirational service is delivered at all times
- Manage the financial aspects of the reservations department including budgets & forecasting
- Maintain and deliver consistent Firmdale standards
- Deal with any complaints and be confident to find a solution
- Conduct Duty Manager shifts
Firmdale Hotels strives for the highest level of guest satisfaction and employees are part of an award winning team that takes service to a superior level. Firmdale is a market leader and rapidly expanding company that can offer rewarding career opportunities. The policy is to promote from within. Each employee is valued and considered key to the company's future success.
There is a dedicated company trainer with emphasis upon IT and food & beverage and a wide spectrum of training opportunities ranging from soft management to detailed technical skills such as Train the Trainer, Leadership and Learning Academies.
Firmdale is a company our employees take pride in working for. It is individual, stylish, modern and elegant. It has won the following awards in recognition of its commitment to investing in its people:
"Hotels should be living things not stuffy institutions" maintain Tim and Kit Kemp, owners of Firmdale Hotels. There are eight boutique hotels in London and one in New York. The high standards of excellence and unique townhouse style of decoration have over the years added up to a winning combination. Kit Kemp has designed the interiors of each hotel in her unique personal way which reflects a fresh, modern English style. She was named the Andrew Martin International Interior Designer of the Year in 2008 and has gone onto win many more accolades. Firmdale Hotels has received the Queens Award for Enterprise in 2000, 2006 and 2009, a recognition of its outstanding achievement to international trade. A further hotel is currently planned for New York.
Other suggested jobs
- F&B InternLondon, United Kingdom