An exciting opportunity to start your career journey with Marriott Hotel's. Come and join our Cast Iron team at the four star Marriott Forest of Arden and develop your career while providing a professional and energetic service to our members and hotel guests.
In return the Forest of Arden offers its associates a competitive salary, gym membership, staff meals, car parking and generous global hotel discounts for you, your friends and family.
The Forest of Arden is part of an exclusive collection of Marriott country clubs and is located in the heart of the West Midlands, located between Solihull and Coventry with easy access to the M6, M42 and M40 and just four miles from Birmingham NEC, Airport and International Train Station.
The Forest of Arden is the perfect location for business and leisure and has a focus on culinary excellence with our AA Rosette-awarded restaurant, Cast Iron Bar and Grill. Marriott International is the worlds’ largest hotel company and provides associates with extensive, ongoing training and development for long term career opportunities.
This elegant Marriott Hotel is one of the top UK Leisure destinations with two golf courses including our championship Arden course and a driving range and the Golf academy. The Forest of Arden also offers outdoor tennis courts, a fully equipped fitness centre and our relaxing Cedarwood Spa with 8 treatment rooms.
Food & Beverage Shift Leaders at our Marriott Hotels & Country Clubs enjoy a varied and very active role in providing our guests with memorable and unique experiences. As part of our family of associates you will host a blend of guests & events including weddings, golf, sports teams, corporate guests & leisure visitors.
Specific duties of our Food & Beverage Shift Leaders are;
· Ensure that staff are working together as a team
· Inspect work areas and staff uniforms for defects
· Assist in coaching and hiring
· Preparing and monitoring the bar areas for service and guest comfort
· Providing a warm welcome to guests, advising them of menu options and answering questions about products & services where necessary.
· Record all transactions in the MICROS till system at time of order
· Food and beverage service, including alcohol
· Communicate with the kitchen regarding menu questions, the length of wait, recook orders, and product availability. Communicate additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests to the kitchen
· Complete closing duties, including cash handling/banking
· Report any maintenance or security issues to supervisors.
Clean and maintain all areas through the Food & Beverage area including back of house areas. Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications. Support with general enquires regarding the menus and dietary requirements as well as any Food and Beverage specific queries.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
- Job type
- England, United Kingdom
- F&B other
- Starting in
- As soon as possible