Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via e-mail at: email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Urgo Hotels & Resorts. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Job Description: Responsible for all human resource administration at hotel, including recruiting, staffing, benefits administration, employee relations, maintaining accurate employee records and training. Ensure confidentiality, responsibility and fairness to all associates, in all aspects of job.
- Ensure property hiring practices comply with federal and state mandates, including immigration, ADA, and EEO.
- Operate and manage the hotel HR systems: COBRA, background checks, drug testing, benefits administration, etc.
- Assist with coordination and facilitation of Benefit Enrollment meetings, including annual open enrollment sessions.
- Process enrollment with carriers, ensuring timeliness and accuracy.
- Create weekly and/or monthly communications and announcements related to the associates (newsletters, guest comments, bulletin boards, break room)
- Maintain bulletin boards with timely and appropriate news, announcements, postings.
- Complete market wage survey annually.
- Maintain employee personnel files and medical files. Audit files annually to ensure all documents are active and properly filed.
- Promote both Guarantee of Fair Treatment and Open Door policies.
- Ensure effective departmental communication and information systems through logs, department meetings, and hotel meetings.
- Maintain Associate Suggestion Box.
- Complete, maintain and audit Form I-9 binder to ensure compliance.
- Maintain all state and federal requirements relating to associates.
- Coordinate training with vendors or department heads (Emergency Preparedness; Accident and Safety Training; OSHA)
- Ensure documentation is processed accurately and submitted timely.
- Maintain current licenses (eg: TIPS) and permits as prescribed by local, state, and federal agencies.
- Complete training audits and reports requested by URGO to comply with QA and hotel inspection processes.
- Ensure confidentiality in all aspects of job.
- Take proactive approaches when dealing with associate concerns or issues, including grooming, attendance, and/or violation of any company policies.
- Be available to associates and listen to concerns; ensure GM involvement if warranted.
- Communicate and ensure all policies are well communicated, understood and acknowledged, including benefits, vacation, PTO, holiday pay,
- Create and nurture a hotel environment that emphasizes motivation, empowerment, teamwork and a passion for providing service.
- Be readily available & approachable for all team members.
- Assist supervisors in understanding team membersâ€™ ever changing needs and expectations, and exceed them.
- Extend professionalism and courtesy to team members at all times.
- Celebrate and foster decisions that result in successes as well as failures.
- Assist associates in understanding and using all benefits available to them.
- Listen to any concerns or questions associates have.
- Assist supervisors with constructive coaching and counseling sessions.
- Be readily available/ approachable for all guests.
- Take proactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns. Follow property specific second effort and recovery plan.
- Extend professionalism and courtesy to guests at all times.
- Work closely with Director of Human Resources on associate issues. In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of supportive functions, determined by the GM:
The hotel operates 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Schedules must accommodate fluctuating business demands and associates may be asked to work shifts other than those they prefer or normally work.
Carry out all reasonable requests by leadership team.
Comply with department uniform and appearance standards.
Participate in Manager on Duty coverage program requiring weekend stay-over.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Pompano Beach, FL, United States
- Human Resources
- Starting in
- As soon as possible