Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at: Susan.Aichele@marriott.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Urgo Hotels & Resorts. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Job Description: The Sales Coordinator will fully support, from administrative, customer service, and sale lead development perspectives, the Sales & Event Management team to develop future and repeat business for the Resort.
- Maintain positive rapport with clients. Work closely with other departments to coordinate details, special requests, amenities, site visits, and VIP packages.
- Prepare and send out all direct mail projects
- Maintain and replace office supplies, as needed, including sales collateral.
- Prepare sales figures and reports as directed (i.e. STAR data, GRC, expense reports, account production).
- Handle inquiry calls and direct them accordingly.
- Take, modify and cancel guest reservations, noting any special requests.
- Input and manage group blocks, rooming lists, cutoff dates and projections.
- Work closely with our Rooms Only groups as a property liaison.
- Handle walk-in tours as needed.
- Assist with Group/Event Resumes and group contract template merging when needed.
- Distribute pertinent communication items throughout the departments (i.e. Group Resumes, Event Orders, Daily Events, Reader Board signage, menu cards).
- Coordinate the delivery of requested equipment and food for meeting rooms with other departments.
- Assist the Sales and Accounting team with group billing.
- Assist Department Headâ€™s with the booking and coordination of In-House meetings.
- Inform Director of Sales of potential opportunities or challenges with clients and progress of special projects.
- Participate in local industry events as requested.
- Attend department and staff meetings as needed.
- Responsible for knowing hotel emergency procedures.
- Responsible for the proper administration of issued keys.
- Desire and ability to perform sales and event-related functions.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Able to use advanced computer systems (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MARSHA/PMS, CI-TY).
- Goal-oriented and creative personality.
- Ability to work as a team player with all levels of hotel staff.
- Be readily available & approachable for all team members.
- Extend professionalism and courtesy to team members at all times.
- Celebrate and foster decisions that result in successes as well as failures.
- Be readily available/ approachable for all guests.
- Accommodate guest special requests.
- Answer guest questions regarding local area facilities and services.
- Take proactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns.
- Extend professionalism and courtesy to guests at all times.
- In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of supportive functions, determined by the GM and Director of Sales.
- The hotel operates 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Schedules must accommodate fluctuating business demands and associates may be asked to work shifts other than those they prefer or normally work.
- Carry out all reasonable requests by leadership team.
- Comply with department uniform and appearance standards.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Pompano Beach, FL, United States
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible