Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Cimarron Hospitality Management Corporation. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
SUMMARY: Accommodates guests of the hotel by performing the following duties:
- Greets, acknowledges, registers, and assigns rooms to guests.
- Handles confidential information, including guest records, with a high degree of integrity and privacy.
- Promptly and effectively deals with guest requests and complaints following company policy.
- Answers and routes call as appropriate; takes guest messages with accuracy and sends to appropriate manager.
- Responsible for cash drawer contents and transactions during shift with appropriate reporting.
- Maintains accurate records including cash flows, registration cards, reservation cards, and property walks.
- Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel services; registration of guests; and travel directions.
- Assists with sales and marketing efforts as directed by the General Manager and completes required documentation.
- Offers and properly handles requests for wake-up calls.
- Records pertinent guest information in the guest services log.
- May assist in replenishing restaurant as needed and keeps area clean.
- Ensures common area/lobby and front desk is always clean.
- Performs laundry functions as directed.
- All other duties as assigned by management.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Team Work - Contributes to building a positive team spirit by following company procedures.
- Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures including but not limited to, dress code policies.
- Adaptability - Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plan and schedule per management expectations. Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function to the best of one’s ability. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School Diploma.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Bilingual ability is a benefit.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office and property management system.
No certifications needed. Any certifications a plus.
This job has no direct supervisory responsibilities but may entail leadership responsibilities.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Job type
- Arlington, TX, United States
- Rooms division
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract