Leads and manages all day-to-day activities related to the sales function with a focus on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of property sales objectives. Achieves personal booking goals and makes recommendations on booking goals of direct reports.
Also supports marketing team to create and execute property-level communications to our customers. Supports to promote on-brand messaging to customers through traditional, digital, and social media channels all with the goal of enhancing the image of the hotel. Helps build direct marketing plans, targeted campaigns, and activated channels to the end of driving consumer awareness and preference, increasing market share, and building broader portfolio and brand awareness. This role supports marketing team to focus on showcasing Food and Beverage promotions, both to hotel guests and to local patrons. This role also gets to do a little bit of everything, from balancing traditional and digital marketing and eCommerce activities to contributing to public relations (PR) activities for the hotel.
Education and Experience
· 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 8 years experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
· 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 6 year experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting Developing & Executing Sales Strategies
· Works with sales leader to ensure understanding of sales strategy and effective implementation of this strategy for the segment.
· Works with management team to create and implement a sales plan addressing revenue, customers and the market for the segment led by the DOS.
· Assists with the development and implementation of promotions, both internal and external.
· Provides positive and aggressive leadership to ensure maximum revenue potential (e.g., sets example with personal booking goals).
· Recommends booking goals for sales team members.
Managing Sales Activities
· Monitors all day to day activities of direct reports.
· Approves space release for catering to maximize revenue (DOS, Group) in the absence of a Business Evaluation Manager.
· Participates in sales calls with members of sales team to acquire new business and/or close on business.
· Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
Hotel Marketing and Advertising
· Overview annual marketing plan to budget, in consultation with the GM, Food and Beverage leader, Operations leaders, and cluster marketing and ecommerce teams.
· Partners with Operations, Food & Beverage and Sales teams to execute promotions and campaigns to target in-house guests with promotions that drive incremental revenue to the hotel.
· Partners with property Revenue Management to verify correct offer loading, verifying advertisement targeting is correctly directed at relevant consumer groups
· Overview email marketing, and display advertising.
· Responsible for all advertising for the hotel in digital channels is in alignment with brand voice.
Social Media Content Management
· Overview social media engagement and updating content in local digital channels (e.g., hotel website, travel sites).
· Overview promotions campaign in F&B, weddings, spa, rooms and conferences through relevant digital and social media channels.
· Engages in proactive online reputation management by surfacing relevant guest comments (positive or negative) in social media channels and responds accordingly.
Public Relations and Visual Asset Management
· Support to PR supervisor to develop a comprehensive PR plan per quarter along with agency and and executes post sign-off from GM.
· Overview the execution of hotel sponsored events, community/government relations activities, and press promotional activities.
· Supports pull through of impactful PR strategy & activities to drive quality press coverage through media engagement, in alignment with communications objectives.
Direct Marketing and Collateral Development
· Supervise Hotel and F&B printed materials.
· Supervise quantity and inventory of all Hotel marketing collateral and verifies copies are filed in a comprehensive manner.
· Assists in the production of all property, F&B display, and temporary signage in hotel public areas.
· Manages the execution of F&B direct marketing activities.
· Verifies all collateral is as per brand standard guidelines and in compliance with Brand Standard Audit (BSA).
· Assists and manages the development, co-ordination and execution of all communications activities with a strong emphasis on property F&B promotions and campaigns.
· Helps with the publication of hotel’s newsletter(s).
· Supports communications duties and functions as deemed necessary.
· Assists in the liaison and execution of joint F&B promotions.
· Works with eCommerce to verify the Hotel’s website and related websites are updated on a regular basis.
Analyzing & Reporting on Sales and Financial Data
· Analyzes market information by using sales systems and implements strategy to achieve property’s financial room and catering goals.
· Assists Revenue Management with completing accurate six period projections.
· Reviews sales and catering guest satisfaction results to identify areas of improvement.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
· Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies customer service and creates a positive example for guest relations.
· Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
· Meets with guests during pre- and post-convention meetings to obtain feedback on quality of product (e.g., rooms, meeting facilities and equipment, food and beverage), service levels, execution against contract and overall satisfaction.
· Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
· Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
· Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of department meetings with a focus on continuous improvement.
· Executes and supports the company’s Customer Service Standards and property’s Brand Standards.
· Participates in and practices daily service basics of the brand.
· Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and ensuring their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
· Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations, while building a relationship and loyalty to the company.
· Gains understanding of the property’s primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution both prior to, and during the program/event.
Building Successful Relationships
· Develops and manages relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external.
· Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels (e.g., Event Booking Center, Market Sales, GSO) to ensure the property needs are being achieved and the sales efforts are complementary, not duplicative.
· Works with Human Resources, Engineering and Loss Prevention to ensure compliance with local, state and federal regulations and/or union requirements.
· Attends customer events, trade shows and sales missions to maintain, build or develop key relationships with GSO Managers and customers.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
· Interviews and hires management and hourly employees with the appropriate skills to meet the business needs of the operation.
· Utilizes all available on the job training tools for employees.
· Adaptability - Determines how change impacts self and others; displays flexibility in adjusting priorities; and communicates both the reasons for change and how it impacts the workplace.
· Communication - Customizes approach to conveying complex information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner; appropriately interprets verbal and non-verbal behavior; and models active listening to ensure understanding..
· Problem Solving and Decision Making - Models and coaches others on breaking complex issues into manageable parts, identifying and evaluating alternatives and their implications before making decisions, and involving and gaining agreement from others when making key decisions.
· Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
· Building and Contributing to Teams - Leads and participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
· Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
· Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements for self and/or others to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
· Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
· Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
· Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
· Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of team assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
· Talent Management - Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
· Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
· Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach team, business, and administrative challenges.
· Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges
o Communications and Media - Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
o Devising Sales Strategies and Solutions - Trying different and novel ways to deal with sales challenges and opportunities; taking courses of action or developing sales strategies that appropriately consider available facts, constraints, competitive circumstances, and probable consequences.
o Sales Ability: Persuasiveness - Using appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of a product, service, or idea from prospects and clients.
o Sales Call Facilitation - Ensuring that a call serves its sales objectives; maximizing the productiveness of interactions by monitoring and building on customers’ cues.
o Sales Coaching - Providing timely coaching, guidance, and feedback to help others excel on the job and meet key accountabilities.
o Sales Disposition - Demonstrating the traits, inclinations, and outlooks that characterize successful salespersons; exhibiting behavior styles that facilitate adaptation to the demands of the sales role.
o Sales Implementations - Driving and supporting the implementation of sales strategies and systems; seeking and taking appropriate actions on feedback; taking responsibility for implementation success.
o Sales Opportunity Analysis - Understanding and utilizing economic, financial, industry, and organizational data; accurately diagnosing customers’ business strengths, weaknesses, and key issues that can inform sales strategies and plans.
· Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
o Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
o Mathematical Reasoning - Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
o Oral Comprehension - Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
o Reading Comprehension - Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
o Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Job type
- Tokoname, Japan
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible