Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via e-mail at: email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, TNB Hotels. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
As General Manager, you will
Oversee all aspects of operations by exercising demonstrated knowledge and experience in all phases of hotel management, including sales and marketing, human resources, food and beverage, budget and forecast management, rooms, housekeeping and maintenance.
Provide the vision, leadership and strategy to inspire your associates to deliver exceptional service and drive financial success. You have a strong hotel management background and an obvious passion for the hospitality industry. Your passion for service is contagious and you are a natural coach that loves to build effective teams and inspires individuals to do their best.
- Enable innovation and drive results. You execute successful sales and marketing campaigns, understand dynamic revenue management and can drive profit to the bottom line through strong financial controls.
- Build a rapport with ownership. You partner closely with your owner and work to understand their priorities and exceed their expectations.
- The General Manager will be responsible for the overall operation of the hotel including hiring, training, budgeting, sales, guest satisfaction, associate satisfaction, owner satisfaction, revenue management, and timely reporting.
- Ensure property hiring and all employee practices comply with company and legal requirements.
- Monitors performance, develops and guides associates in career paths.
- Selects, trains, and directs department supervisors and other associates as necessary keeping them well versed in all policies and procedures.
- Develop annual operating and capital budgets.
- Comply with all corporate accounting procedures.
- Have a proven track record of meeting budgets, understanding P&L statements, and cost controls.
- Leads and actively participates in the hotels Sales & Marketing effort and assists with developing annual Marketing plans.
- Proven ability to deliver exceptional guest service results as measured through guest satisfaction.
*Please note that this job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all functions that an General Manager may be asked to perform.
- Candidates for General Manager must have a minimum of 5+ years hotel management experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Full Service experience required.
- Starwood/Marriott background strongly preferred.
- Desire to operate an excellent hotel.
- Strong financial knowledge is required.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Required experience:
- hotel management: 5 years
- Required education:
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Job type
- Salt Lake City, UT, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible