Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via e-mail at: email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, WeStar Holdings Ltd.. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The Four Points by Sheraton Victoria Gateway is interviewing for the Property Controller position. The functions of the Controller includes, but is not limited to, the following:
Maintain control over revenues, expenses, assets and liabilities of the Four Points by Sheraton by ensuring that all financial record keeping, and reporting functions are accomplished in accordance with company policies, procedures, and requirements.
- Handle all accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll functions for property.
- Preparing and/or reviewing daily, weekly, and monthly financial reports in accordance with reporting calendars and ensuring the accuracy and timely submission of these reports.
- Responsible for accounting computer systems, file data backup, and organization of files.
- Preparing and processing of biweekly payroll, verifying input to supporting documentation.
- Maintaining control over the record keeping function to include:
- Reconciliation of general ledger account balances and cash account systems.
- Preparation and review of information to be posted to subsidiary and general ledgers.
- Coordinating monthly general ledger closing, journal entry preparation, and distribution of statements.
- Ensuring that all financial transactions are recorded in accordance with accepted accounting principles, internal policies, and procedures.
- Preparation of fiscal budgets and financial forecasts as determined by management.
- Supply support, advice, and recommendations to maintain accounting standards and policies
- Assists other departments with unresolved guest billing issues and issues involving cash, credit cards, invoices, etc
- Spot check inventory counts to ensure accuracy of inventory extension
- Research inventory discrepancies when costs deviate from budget and trends
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the General Manager based upon the particular requirements of the Hotel.
- Associates degree in accounting or finance and any other combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. Bachelor degree in Accounting or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a position of accounting responsibility, Profits word experience preferred. Decentralized experience required.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Victoria, Canada
- Starting in
- As soon as possible