Four Seasons Hotel Boston is looking for a Hotel Assistant Manager who shares our passion for excellence and is enthusiastic about creating the ultimate service experience. An Assistant Hotel Manager is an essential member of the Front office team dedicated to providing exceptional quality and service to our guests. U.S. work authorization is required for this position.
Four Seasons Hotel Boston is the premier luxury hotel in New England’s gateway city. Overlooking the historic Boston Public Garden and steps away from city’s premier attractions and world-class shopping, Four Seasons Boston is home to the iconic Bristol Restaurant and Bar, one of Boston’s favorite dining destinations. Four Seasons Boston is distinguished as the only hotel in all of New England to have consecutively won both the AAA Five Diamond and Forbes Travel Guide Five Star Awards for nearly two decades.
Four Seasons prides itself on the commitment to the Golden Rule philosophy, and strives to provide the best possible experience for both our guests and employees. Because of our employee-centric approach, Four Seasons has been listed in the FORTUNE Magazine 100 Best Companies to Work For rankings every year since 1998.
Key Elements of the Job
- Manages the staff at the Front Desk. Interviews, trains and schedules the staff. Conducts Performance Evaluations and disciplines staff when needed.
- Coordinates arrivals, departures and billing requirements with Sales and Catering Department. Blocks rooms for arrivals and ensures any discrepancies are resolved. Reviews daily arrivals to ensure proper handling of Special Attention Guests, Return Guests, and Groups.
- Assures that all financial and credit procedures and protocols are followed. Follows up on credit problems with Front Office Manager and/or Credit Manager. Reviews all paid-outs, rebates, Petty Cash disbursements and Direct Billings. Checks cashiers’ work at end of shift to ensure all transactions are reconciled with proper approvals and endorsements.
- Takes action in all matters related to the safety, security, satisfaction and well being of hotel guests and employees when senior managers are not available. Responds swiftly and effectively in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
- Resolves customer complaints from all areas of the hotel, handling all guest interactions with the highest level of hospitality and professionalism, accommodating special requests whenever possible; assists customers in all inquiries in connection with hotel services, hours of operations, key hotel personnel, in-house events, directions, etc. Responds to all guest requests in an accurate and timely manner. Interaction with guest will be in person and by phone.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Preferred college degree.
- Preferred experience in a luxury hotel in Front Office and/or Concierge responsibilities.
- Ability to multi-task in a high-volume environment, utilizing a variety of computer systems to check in and out, run daily reports, select/assign rooms arriving guests, and restaurant/activity/spa reservation systems.
- Excellent written and verbal grammar and composition skills.
Learn more about our property and what it is like to work at Four Seasons by visiting:
We look forward to receiving your application!Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the ''EEOC is The Law'' Information poster please visit this website - http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
- Job type
- Downtown, Boston, MA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration