Four Seasons Costa Rica, unique hotel 5 stars by Forbes, in Central America; is looking for a person who has charisma, compromise and love to work as Assistant Accounting Manager of Residences.
To prepare financial reports and maintain accounting records for the Residence Club and Home Owners Association.
- Produce Daily Income Journal, reconciling the advance deposits, fees, credit card payments, direct bills, mini bar purchases and miscellaneous revenue on a continuing basis and maintain house charge accounts and inter-company accounts with hotel and reconciling on an ongoing basis.
- Route all invoices for approval, code to proper account, and supervise production, signature and distribution of vendor payments.
- Maintain all bank accounts, including operating, reserve, and investment accounts, distributing funds, balancing the check register, and reconciling accounts.
- Post annual owner maintenance fee and property tax assessments in PCC and mail invoices to owners and coordinate preparation of the annual audit, copy final audit, and mail to owners.
- Coordinate preparations for annual Owner meeting by mailing agendas, approved budgets, election information and proxies to owners, and coordinate regular board of directors meetings.
- Compile financial reports at month end by preparing and posting journal entries, reconciling balance sheet accounts and explaining budget differences on month end comments
- Collect and deposit annual assessments, assess late and finance charges, and monitor delinquent accounts, taking the necessary legal actions.
- Supervise check preparation and mailing of property tax refunds to owners.
- Comply with Four Seasons Category One and Two Work Rules and Standards of Conduct as set forth in EmPact.
- Assist Director of Finance and Assistant Director of Finance with any special projects.
- Participate in physical inventory counts as needed.
- Assist the Residence Club staff with issues such as folio charges, purchasing, and owner inquiries.
- Assist owners and realty companies during the resale of intervals by preparing the disclosure affidavit for the Association and mailing the required legal documents to the prospective owners.
- Assist with annual budget preparation.
- Prepare miscellaneous reports such as the Declarant report, Occupancy by Season report, Corporation Commission Report, Daily Labor Report, and Loss of Use report as needed.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
High School Education or equivalent experience.
Must have a minimum of four years accounting experience.
Previous experience with a homeowners association is helpful.
Skills and Abilities:
Must possess exceptional people skills and be able to interact with all levels of employees and customers.
Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Must have excellent organizational and time management skills.
Proven ability to work well under pressure and handle multiple tasks at the same time.
Strong computer and math skills required.
Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
Proficient in the use of a personal computer and various software programs including MS Word, MS Excel, Power Point, and PCC.
- Job type
- Peninsula Papagayo, Costa Rica
- Starting in
- As soon as possible