Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica, only 5 stars hotel by Forbes Travel Guide at Central and South America is looking for the next Pool and Beach Manager.
- Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language, strong Spanish language skills
- Previous management experience as Pool Manager or Beach Manager at F&B services.
- Food and beverage service experience required
- College degree or equivalent preferred
- •Experience working in high demanding environment and high volume of guests
- The ability to manage, coach and develop his assistant managers and line employees.
- To work on the schedule for his department.
- The ability to follow‑up on service procedures.
- The ability to supervise the consistency of quality and efficiency of food and service.
- The ability to supervise the consistency of quality and efficiency of beach and pool service.
- The ability to interview and select job applicants as well as supervise, discipline and give performance evaluations for pool employees.
- During crunch periods, the ability to execute the tasks of a Pool Attendant, Food Runner, Server and/or Bartender as needed.
- The ability to schedule staff and complete payroll records in accordance with budgeted guidelines.
- The ability to work closely with Engineering to maintain proper water quality and mechanical operation of the swimming and whirl pools as well as of the maintenance and cleanliness of the beach and pool chairs, umbrellas….
- The ability to order supplies, including bathing suits, toiletries and other amenities to ensure the Poolside par level allow for smooth operation.
- The ability to coordinate personal training with outside contractors to guarantee a high level of service and adequate availability.
- The ability to maintain the Poolside as a safe environment and in accordance with all health department regulations.
- The ability to oversee the cleanliness of the pool deck, beach areas and cabana area and coordinate special requirements with Housekeeping, Laundry, Stewarding and Engineering.
- The ability to respond properly in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
- The ability to perform other tasks or projects as assigned by hotel management and staff.
- The ability to maintain a friendly but unobtrusive manner with all guests.
- The ability to utilize all computer systems relevant to the departments.
- The ability to schedule and participate in regular staff meetings to keep employees informed of hotel policies and changes as well as ways to increase sales and service.
- The ability to implement and maintain Four Seasons Standards
- The ability to actively participate in the resorts learning efforts (E-Knowledge Suite)
- The ability to maintain a log (Lotus Notes) with important information to be passed onto management.
- The ability to ensure all equipment is kept in perfect working condition and reports any deficiencies to the proper department
- The ability to ensure the correct and consistent service techniques for various meal periods will be demonstrated by all staff members.
- The ability to anticipate, in advance, all materials and supplies and assure their availability
- The ability to communicate with other departments to ensure a supporting team of professionals
- The ability to understand all food and beverage items offered, including ingredients, methods of preparation and proper service
- The ability to be certified in CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation), First Aid
PHYSICAL, COGNITIVE, SOCIAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
Note: All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS ANALYSIS
* Squatting/overhead reach into files
* High sun exposure
* Walking in sand
0‑10 lbs. for most office related items
50 lb. boxes are maneuvered into position but not lifted
Heavy exercise machines: 100 lbs.
* Standing/walking: 1‑7 hours per day
* Lifting: frequently
* Squatting/overhead reaching: frequently
* High sun exposure: Every day
* Walking in sand: Every Day
Sensory: Sight, speech and hearing for performing personal training and customer contact
- Job type
- Peninsula Papagayo, Costa Rica
- Recreation & Leisure
- Starting in
- As soon as possible