For groups of 10-800, Four Seasons Dallas features 31 multi-purpose rooms with over 40,000 square feet of of conference and function space. We are looking for a dynamic Director of Events to oversee the operation within this space with responsibilities as listed below:
1. Select, train, evaluate, lead, motivate, coach, and discipline all staff in the Hotel’s Event Services Department to ensure that established cultural and core standards are met; long-range strategic planning for outlet operation.
2. The ability to be visible in the operation, provide recognition, promote good public relations, and handle complaints, concerns or special requests for guests, clients, and group contacts.
3. Coordinate set-up requirements for hotel and off-site functions according to the banquet event order, communicate directly with group contacts, Catering Managers, and Conference Services Managers to ensure that all details of the function are carried out, ensure quality and timeliness of all food items, as well as provide knowledge of wine and spirits in an elegantly appointed environment dedicated to an attentive and distinctive experience.
4. The ability to work closely with the Assistant Director of Food & Beverage, Director of Food & Beverage, Executive Chef, and Director of Catering to design an effective menu and wine list while ensuring excellent product quality at a fair price and attend regular operational meetings to ensure effective coordination and cooperation between departments.
5. Control labor and operating expenses through effective scheduling, budgeting, purchasing decisions, and inventory and cash control.
6. Observe physical condition of facilities and equipment in the banquet area and make recommendations for corrections and improvements as needed.
7. Comply with Four Seasons’ Category One and Category Two Work Rules and Standards of Conduct as set forth in EmPact.
8. Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.
College degree preferably specializing in hotel/restaurant management or equivalent experience is required.Three to five years previous experience in a similar position in Banquets or other Food & Beverage outlets.
Requires a working knowledge of division operations as well as Four Seasons cultural and core standards, policies, and standard operating procedures. Working knowledge is generally learned on-the-job. Knowledge of food & beverage service, cost control, labor control, maintenance, merchandising, and accounting. Requires ability to operate computer equipment and other food & beverage computer systems. Requires reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
Four Seasons offers an award winning work environment and an excellent benefits package which includes:
- Competitive salary and wages
- Generous medical, dental & vision insurance plans
- 401 (k) Retirement plan with company match
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Complimentary stays at other Four Seasons properties worldwide
- Complimentary meals on duty
- Paid holidays, vacation & sick days
Learn more about what it is like to work at Four Seasons, visit us at:
- Watch us at: https://youtu.be/lzq78MIkT2s
Please note that due to the large number of responses we receive, only candidates
being considered for the above position will be contacted for an interview.
US work authorization is required unless candidate is currently in a managerial position at a Four Seasons location. Current Four Seasons managers may qualify for L-1 visa sponsorship.Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the ''EEOC is The Law'' Information poster please visit this website - http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
- Job type
- Las Colinas, Irving, TX, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract