The Executive Steward oversees all facets of the Stewarding Department. This manager ensures proper usage and preventative maintenance of all machinery and equipment used in the Stewarding Department. The Manager must also set-up and maintain inventory of supplies, plan and budget the purchasing of china, glassware, and silverware for the entire F&B division. In addition, the Manager coordinates, hires, trains, disciplines, and supervises the Stewarding staff and strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget.
1. Select, train, evaluate, lead, motivate, coach, and discipline all employees in the Stewarding Department to ensure that established cultural and core standards are met; long-range strategic planning for outlet operation . (20%)
2. Ensure the organization and sanitation of all kitchens, storage areas, employee dining room, waste receptacle areas, compactor room, carts, tables, and Stewarding Department equipment and machinery through constant monitoring and adherence to a vigorous cleaning schedule. (15%)
3. Control labor and operating expenses through effective scheduling, budgeting, purchasing decisions, inventory control and cost control measures. (15%)
4. Ensure proper use and provide regular care, security and maintenance of machinery and equipment used in the Stewarding Department. (10%)
5. Communicate with employees and managers to ensure operational needs are met as well as attend regular operational meetings to ensure effective coordination and cooperation between departments. (10%)
6. The ability to work closely with the Executive Chef, Director of Food & Beverage, Banquet Chef, Banquet Manager, and Food & Beverage Outlet Managers to coordinate adequate supply and storage of china, silver, glass and other equipment used in service; oversee Stewarding functions in relation to banquets set-up and service. (10%)
7. Comply with Four Seasons’ Category One and Category Two Work Rules and Standards of Conduct as set forth in EmPact. (10%)
8. Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors. (10%)
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the procurement, food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the procurement, food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
Successful candidates will be high energy individuals who know how to motivate their team. Bilingual in Spanish would be preferred. We are looking for individuals who possess a high level of attention to detail and a strong work ethic. The ability to multitask and prioritize is also essential for this position.
Four Seasons offers an award winning work environment and an excellent benefits package which includes:
- Competitive salary and wages
- Generous medical, dental & vision insurance plans
- 401 (k) Retirement plan with company match
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Complimentary stays at other Four Seasons properties worldwide
- Complimentary meals on duty
- Free uniforms and free uniform care
- Paid holidays, vacation & sick days
Learn more about what it is like to work at Four Seasons, visit us at:
- Watch us at: https://youtu.be/lzq78MIkT2s
US work authorization is required unless candidate is currently in a managerial position at a Four Seasons location. Current Four Seasons managers may qualify for L-1 visa sponsorship.Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the ''EEOC is The Law'' Information poster please visit this website - http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
- Job type
- Las Colinas, Irving, TX, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible