We are looking for you to be our next Security Officer and join us on our journey.
Our employees have a real passion for service and deep understanding of their craft are able to connect with our guests to provide an experience.
We have been rated as Fortune magazine’s ‘100 Best Companies to Work’ every year since 1998… come and experience it for yourself. We are passionate about perfecting the guest & employee experience through our belief in living by the Golden Rule " Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."
The Security Officer is a vital member of the Security Team who is responsible for providing a safe and secure environment in which guests can relax and/or conduct business. This department establishes, promotes and maintains the hotel’s security and property protection. The Security Team is available 24-hours a day. The Security Officer actively participates in the day-to-day security operations of the property to ensure the safety and security of all guests, personnel and property.What will your day be like?
- You will be actively participating in the day to day security operations of the property to ensure the safety and security of all guests, personnel and property.
- You will handle and document guest and employee accidents, guest room lock problems, noise complaints, and any questionable individuals on the premises.
- Patrolling the interior and exterior of the hotel and confront any situations or persons that require investigation.
- Assisting hotel staff in handling of unusual guest or employee problems, such as, but not limited to, disorderly conduct, thefts, suicides, bomb threats, employee or guest accidents, fire or safety hazards, robberies, terrorist activities, civil disturbance, power or elevator failures, medical assistance and natural disasters.
- Monitoring the Closed Circuit Television (CCTV), and if needed review the video. Conduct V.I.P. escorts in a professional and courteous manner.
- Controlling the key, lock system, alarm system, and fire protection system.
- Complying with Four Seasons Category One and Two Work Rules and Standards of Conduct as set forth in EmPact.
- Working harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.
Excellent reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language. The ability to operate computer equipment and other systems needed for the position. The ability to have strong communication skills between guests, employees and emergency response personnel.Education & Experience:
College degree or equivalent experience preferred. One to two years previous experience in security or related field. Knowledge of emergency and safety procedures Texas drivers license and clean driving record.What are the perks and benefits you can expect?
Four Seasons offers an award-winning work environment and an excellent benefits package which includes:
- Generous medical, dental & vision insurance plans
- Competitive salary & wages
- 401 (k) Retirement plan
- Complimentary stays at other Four Seasons properties
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Free meals on duty
- Free uniforms and free uniform care
- Paid holidays, vacation & sick days
Learn more about what it is like to work at Four Seasons, visit us:
- Watch us at: https://youtu.be/lzq78MIkT2s
You will have valid work authorization for the U.S.
Please note that due to the large number of responses we receive, only candidates being considered for the above position will be contacted for an interview.
Four Seasons Resort & Club Dallas is an equal opportunity employer.Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the ''EEOC is The Law'' Information poster please visit this website - http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
- Job type
- Las Colinas, Irving, TX, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible