The Four Seasons Hotel Kuala Lumpur is looking for top talent to join the pre-opening team.
About Four Seasons Hotel Kuala Lumpur
The Golden Triangle neighborhood, Kuala Lumpur’s thriving business and financial district, will soon see the opening of the new Four Seasons Hotel and Residences. The Hotel is part of a 65-storey mixed-use tower that will include 242 Four Seasons Private Residences, 27 serviced apartments, a 209-key Four Seasons Hotel and a six- floor of 250,000 square foot luxury retail podium, collectively known as Four Seasons Place Kuala Lumpur.
The latest addition to the city’s dramatic skyline and a vibrant hub for both business and leisure travelers, Four Seasons Hotel Kuala Lumpur will be conveniently located in close proximity to the city’s major attractions, including the Petronas Twin Towers and the Kuala Lumpur City Centre (KLCC). Often referred to as a “city within a city,” the KLCC will offer designer shopping, fine dining, and the best of the city’s electric nightlife. The Hotel will also overlook the KLCC Park and be directly connected to the esplanade, allowing guests to take full advantage of the Park’s 50 acres of green space, including lush gardens, fountains, waterfalls, a wading pool, and jogging track.
An exciting addition to Kuala Lumpur’s culinary scene, the Hotel will introduce several unique dining outlets to the city, including a Cantonese restaurant, lobby and rooftop pool bars, and an all-day dining restaurant with sweeping views of the Petronas Twin Towers.
The Hotel will also offer an executive lounge for business travelers, a serene spa, wellness-focused fitness centre and rooftop infinity pool offering panoramic views of Kuala Lumpur’s endless skyline. Lush landscaping around the rooftop pool and terrace will create an urban oasis, echoing the greenery of the KLCC Park below.
Four Seasons Hotel Kuala Lumpur will offer both international and regional travelers an urban complement to the existing Four Seasons Resort in Malaysia, the award-winning Four Seasons Resort Langkawi.
About Four Seasons
Founded in 1960, Four Seasons continues to define the future of luxury hospitality with extraordinary imagination, unwavering commitment to the highest standards of quality, and the most genuine and customized service. Currently operating 105 hotels and private residences in major city centers and resort destination in 43 countries, and with more than 60 projects in development, Four Seasons consistently ranks among the world’s best hotels and most prestigious brands in reader polls, traveler reviews and industry awards.
ASSISTANT MANAGER – LOBBY LOUNGE
The Assistant Manager – Lobby Lounge will assist in overseeing all facets of the outlet. The Assistant Manager must maintain and control a high level of guest service. This is achieved by ensuring consistent and thoughtful service, demonstrated by the restaurant staff. The Assistant Manager is also responsible for the hiring, training, supervising, and disciplining of the staff.
We are looking for individuals who have a thorough knowledge of guest service, cost control, labor control, menu writing, merchandising and accounting.
Applicants are required to have two to three years previous employment in a related position. A college degree is preferred.
- The ability to develop and maintain an elegantly appointed environment, with superior staff, dedicated to an attentive, distinctive experience for all meal periods.
- The ability to hire, train, supervise all restaurant staff.
- The ability to maintain a friendly yet unobtrusive manner with all guests.
- The ability to posses a management ability that ensure a successful handling of the dining room.
- The ability to control reservations and seating of the restaurant with regards to service standard.
- The ability to ensure the correct and consistent service techniques for various meal periods will be demonstrated by all staff members.
- The ability to anticipate, in advance, all materials and supplies and assure their availability.
- The ability to control usage of all food and beverage items and appropriate usage of equipment, tools and service equipment.
- The ability to observe daily conditions of all physical facilities and equipment in the restaurant; makes recommendations for corrections and improvements as needed.
- The ability to prepare staff schedules which allow for appropriate service while controlling labor costs and overtime.
- The ability to communicate with other departments to ensure a supporting team of professionals.
- The ability to communicate with the Chef and Food and Beverage Director to discuss menus, marketing strategies and guest comments and concerns.
- The ability to ensure a safe working environment for all employees within the restaurant.
- The ability to forecast covers and revenues and then schedules accordingly.
- The ability to develop all staff for future advancement. The ability to recommend salary adjustments, transfers, promotions and dismissals.
- The ability to prepare monthly payroll as required by the Controller.
- The ability to understand all food and beverage items offered, including ingredients methods of preparation and proper service. Also, an expert knowledge of wines and spirits.
- The ability to complete and conduct performance evaluations for employees.
- The ability to maintain a daily log communication between restaurant staff and with upper management.
- The ability to supervise the public areas and restrooms.
- The ability to attend and participate in all required meetings
- The ability to promote teamwork and foster a harmonious working climate.
- The ability to promote good public relations and handle complaints or concerns of guests.
- The ability to handle inventories directly involved with the operation of the restaurant.
- The ability to utilize the computer system in ringing, printing and closing checks as well as shift reports.
- The ability to recognize and address potential intoxicated, disruptive or undesirable guests.
- The ability to process a guest walk out.
- The ability to properly handle and report employee and guest accidents.
- The ability to respond properly in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
- The ability to perform other tasks or project as assigned by hotel management and staff.
- Candidates must speak read and write Bahasa Malaysia as well as being fluent in English. Must have the right to work in Malaysia.
Visa sponsorship is not available for the role. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Join Our Team
Join a team that is built on mutual respect, collaboration, creativity and a commitment to the highest quality of service. Four Seasons Hotel Kuala Lumpur provides guests with a haven of serenity and luxury in a bustling city. Four Seasons provides employees with the same level of care that we expect to be shared with our guests. We have been ranked in FORTUNE Magazine’s 100 Best Companies to work for since 1998.
What to expect: You will……
Be a champion of the Golden Rule: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you
Be part of a cohesive team with opportunities to learn, grow and develop
Have the opportunity to engage in diverse and challenging work
Derive a sense of pride in work well done
- Job type
- Kuala Lumpur City Centre, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- F&B service
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration