The Guest Experience Manager (GEM) is the liaison for the property and to guests celebrating special occasions, guests that are High Expectation or guests that are VIP for the property or the company. The GEM is very active around the hotel and is responsible for the guest’s experience while staying at the hotel. They are to be the face of the hotel and as active as possible; they greet guests upon arrival, interact with them throughout their stay, ensuring satisfaction, arranging any requests they may have, and solve any issues that may arise during their time in the hotel, and finally they wish the guests well as they depart.
Which Guests on Targeted:
The GEM will look after all guests on property but will specifically target guests celebrating their Honeymoon, Anniversary, and Birthday, or guests that are here for an extended stay, that are High Expectation, Glitch Guests which need to be recovered, and any VIP guests for the company or for the property.
Responsibilities: Guest’s stay:
- Pre-arrival reconnaissance email to be sent 3 days prior to the guests arrival introducing the GEM, offers information tailored to the purpose of the guests stay and aims to gather any guest preferences.
- GEM will work closely with the Concierge and Front Desk team to ensure preparation and completion of guest’s requests and generate an itinerary for guests to receive upon arrival.
- Ensure all amenities and preferences are prepared for guests so their arrival is smooth and exactly as expected.
- Welcome guests upon arrival to the hotel to make a personal introduction explaining the purpose of the Guest Experience Manager and inform the guest where/how to get in touch with the GEM. If able, conduct in room check in so the guest can begin their relaxation as soon as possible.
- Provide guests with an itinerary of their pre-arranged activities.
Throughout the Stay
- A daily “GEM Guest list” will be prepared to ensure that they are contacted every day in person, and if not able to meet in person, a phone call will be made to ensure guests are enjoying themselves and that if there is anything that needs following up on.
- GEM will be present at large activities and daily events. This will include Breakfast daily, peak lobby times, and any organized weekly or special events.
- Being on hand as much as possible, allows the GEM to offer many upsell opportunities in an extremely natural manner. It is easy to inform guests of upcoming activities, and allows guests to pre-arrange dinner, spa treatments, and special touches for guest throughout their stay.
- GEM to meet guests upon departure to obtain guests feedback, ensure satisfaction with their stay, and see if there is anything further that can be done for the remainder of their time in Hangzhou, next leg of their journey, or for their trip home.
- GEM will go through all arrivals for the upcoming week and select, then highlight the upcoming VIP guests. These will include, Guest Return, Long Stay, Suite Guests, Preferred Partners, American Express Platinum, Global Guest Return, Global Guest History, Employees, Elite Guests, and additional VIPs from Travel Agents and other Four Seasons Properties.
- This VIP Report allows the hotel to understand who is arriving and who we, as a whole need to keep an eye on.
- The GEM presents at the Monthly Meeting any new enhancements that take place for the guests or any new procedures that will ensure the guests enjoy their stay.
The GEM will be at the forefront of both the creation as well as the implementation of many innovations at both the property as well as the company level, which will include best practices and coordination between properties.
- The GEM becomes the person that assists in creating and coordinating any surprises for guests from members of the team or from other guests. This includes Birthday surprises, Wedding Proposals, and outside Amenities from family members of guests staying at the property.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Gandhi Nagar, Mumbai, India
- Front Office reception
- Starting in
- As soon as possible