The Four Seasons Resort O’ahu at Ko Olina is looking for Waterman & Pool Server who has a passion for excellence and the spirit of aloha.
The Waterman & Pool Server works with the service team in creating an extraordinary guest experience. The Waterman & Pool Server reports directly to the Waterman & Pool GM.
Join Our ‘Ohana
We invite you to join our ‘ohana at the Four Seasons Resort O’ahu at Ko Olina as we prepare to open one of the finest resorts in the world. We’re excited to bring the Four Seasons Experience to O’ahu for the first time and embrace the unique local culture here in Hawai’i. Our work environment pairs a strong commitment to excellent service and authentic experiences with an emphasis on creativity and innovation. Four Seasons has been ranked in FORTUNE Magazine’s 100 Best Companies to Work For since 1998. We’re looking for individuals with not only the right skills and attitude for the role, but also the aloha spirit!
· The ability to offer guests of the restaurant & pool an enjoyable, expertly served experience conforming to the Four Seasons service standards of excellence for quality, professionalism and friendliness.
· The ability to pass and enhance pool service through amenity deliveries and tailored unique guest experiences.
· The ability to work in an outdoor environment in multiple restaurant, pool, and beach environments.
· The ability to anticipate and service guests'' requirements before requests are made or necessary.
· The ability to serve and clear food and beverage items in an unobtrusive and professional manner.
· A thorough understanding and knowledge of all menus, food, food preparation and styles and table side serving techniques.
· A thorough understanding of the wine, liquor and beer lists and proficiency in fine dining beverage service including tableside wine presentation, proper stemware and appropriate garnishes.
· The ability to communicate customer orders clearly through written forms.
· The ability to complete opening and closing side-work as assigned and set all tables and stations according to standard.
· The ability to present menus and explanations for all menu and beverage items as well as specials of the day.
· The ability to present children''s menus, when appropriate, and describe specials and alternative cuisine options.
· The ability to utilize the resort’s computer system to ring up sales, print checks, adjust and close checks and complete closing summary reports.
· The ability to carry trays, bus and reset tables with linen, china, glass and silver.
· The ability to handle all monies and account for a separate bank /cash drawer from the resort.
· The ability to follow proper payroll and uniform procedures.
· The ability to ensure each guest''s satisfaction and troubleshoot any guest issue.
· The ability to handle a guest walk out.
· The ability to service all needs for any private dining room or private function.
· The ability to report any accident immediately, no matter how minor, to a manager.
· The ability to recognize and address potential intoxicated, disruptive or undesirable guests.
· The ability to respond properly in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
· The ability to move tables and chairs, when necessary.
· The ability to set up and breakdown any buffets, displays or side stations when needed
· The ability to clean service areas when needed.
· The ability to use guest names for all guests as guest name becomes known.
· The ability to assist the back server in all aspects of service.
· The ability to perform other tasks or projects as assigned by hotel management and staff.
· The ability to follow proper alcohol and beverage control regulations, including the identification of minors.
· The ability to handle any customer food and beverage allergies.
· The ability to know and convey accurate information regarding “Four Seasons Resort Oahu” and their operations within.
· The ability to perform other tasks or projects as requested by the management staff.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
· Strong food and beverage knowledge, achieve passing server food and beverage written test administered by Four Seasons Resort Oahu.
· Strong systems knowledge using Micros, and Opentable preferred but not required.
· Excellent reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
· 3 to 5 years of fine dining food and beverage service and/or related food and beverage experience.
· Excellent knowledge of food preparation, fine dining cooking and serving techniques, standard cocktails and fine wines.
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Successful candidates must possess legal work authorization in the United States.
About Four Seasons Resort O''ahu at Ko Olina
On Oahu’s sunny western coast – wild, rugged and conveniently close to Honolulu and Waikiki Beach – Four Seasons Resort O’ahu at Ko Olina balances a classic Hawaiian style with one-of-a-kind luxury.
Chic and light-filled with vast ocean views, our 371 accommodations provide a personal sanctuary in this all-encompassing Hawaiian luxury beach resort. Restaurants and bars are infused with the magnetic energy of Ko Olina. Guests have the opportunity to splash into lively pools and lagoons, with numerous water sports right off the Resort’s own beach. They are also able to play tennis and golf, then relax in the Spa – wrapped in the effortless elegance of Four Seasons.
Working at Four Seasons
Four Seasons can offer what many hospitality professionals dream of – an opportunity to build a life-long career with global potential and a real sense of pride in work well done. In line with our plans for future growth, we are committed to staff levels that are in keeping with our extraordinary staff-to-guest ratios. We believe that attitude counts as much as skill. As a result, Four Seasons hires motivated people who we train to perform superbly, while we create an environment where they can flourish. Ultimately, our culture breeds success, and rewards it in many different ways.
Learn more about Four Seasons
Learn more about Four Seasons O’ahu at Ko Olina on Social Media
We look forward to receiving your application! Mahalo!Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the ''EEOC is The Law'' Information poster please visit this website - http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Kapolei, HI, United States
- Recreation & Leisure
- Starting in
- As soon as possible