Director of Sales and Marketing
Develop and execute strategic PR and communications plan that increases awareness and positive perception of the hotel, its restaurants, services and personnel.
- Develop and execute a strategic PR Plan
- Generate creative content
- Manage image and reputation management
- Assist with marketing and promotions
- Is proactive and creative in identifying and developing integrated PR and Social Media programs which capitalize on unique and newsworthy stories as well as leveraging unexpected opportunities as they arise.
- Engages in media relations by actively managing professional relationships with local and regional media that will benefit the hotel and company as a whole. Includes hosting media, assisting with photo shoots and supporting social PR.
- Understands Hotel’s marketplace; well-informed of market trends, including evaluating competitive PR investment; and implements change as dictated by market requirements.
- Plays a key role in reputation management; acts as a strategic communications advisor to management by keeping track of public attitudes, flagging possible consequences of prospective decisions, developing key messages and managing issues and crisis communications.
- Uses a strategic approach in overseeing the Hotel’s community relations, CSR initiatives, internal communications and other activities specific to the Hotel and its VIP guests.
- Ensures the hotel’s web presence (websites, microsites, tactical landing pages, etc.) is aligned with the Hotel’s positioning and business objectives.
Public Relations Tool Kit
- Post press releases and updates on the Press Room on a regular basis
- Leverage social media channels to amplify key messages and activities, elevating the importance of strategic and creative communication
- Illustrate the power and resulting impact of improved social currency through effective monitoring and evaluation tools
Corporate Tools and Agencies
- Actively pitch stories to media as well as Corporate Communication channels (PS Weekly, Four Seasons Magazine print and online, blog, Living Values, etc.) and relevant global corporate PR agencies
- Effectively maintain thorough, accurate and quality media contact database, including online publications and resource materials
Optimize, Monitor and Measure
- Leverage regional monitoring tools as available
Desired Skills and Experience
- A minimum of five to seven years experience in public relations
- A university degree in journalism or communications or equivalent experience in public relations or journalism
- Strong and effective interpersonal skills
- Proven relationships with media, community and business contacts that have delivered demonstrable results, and the personality to maximize these contacts
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written), a strong sense of quality and a creative mind set
- A self-starter that can multi-task and prioritise
- Proficiency in leveraging social media networks and related monitoring tools (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- The ability to create newsworthy events, develop story ideas and follow through with pitch leads
A portfolio highlighting writing samples, project and media plans will be required.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- 西湖区, 杭州市, China
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible