Escape to the leafy, green English countryside, and join the Finance team at Four Seasons Hotel Hampshire!
Key responsibilities of the Assistant Director of Finance include the below:
- Preparing all financial statements, accruals and journal entries, and maintain reconciliations for all balance sheet accounts, in established Company formats and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Demonstrating thorough working knowledge of the contents of all volumes of the Director of Finance’s Manual and auditing the execution of the Accounting Policies in all accounting jobs, advising the Director of Finance of any violations.
- Co-ordinating, and preparing all operating equipment and supply inventories, in accordance with corporate policies, as directed by the Director of Finance.
- Preparing the Daily Cash Position report and maintaining the highest level of investment of excess funds, in accordance with Company guidelines, as prescribed in the Director of Finance’s Manual.
- Assisting the Director of Finance in the preparation of all budgets and forecasts.
- Supervising the day-to-day activities of all Accounting employees, and taking appropriate personnel-related action with Accounting employees, as required..
- Preparing, or overseeing the preparation of, all tax returns and other reporting on a timely basis.
- Host monthly meetings with all Accounting employees.
- Participating in and developing employee training programmes, in order to maximise employee retention and maintaining high morale.
- Meeting with the Director of Finance on a regular basis, to communicate all accounting activities and results of the Accounting Office meeting or any other related issues.
- Preparing, in line with the authorised monthly close-down timetable, budget period closings, financial statements, cash flows, payroll and other reports that pertain to financial matters.
- Ensuring the safe custody, control and proper disposal of Company monies, negotiable instruments, assets, stocks, records and statutory books of account.
- Communicating on the overall status of accounting matters, and other British tax laws as they affect the Hotel accounting systems and those functions within immediate control.
- Maintaining the Approvals List, Chart of Accounts, Authorised Suppliers List, and the Code Analysis as directed by Four Seasons Hotels.
- Effecting detailed reconciliation of all Balance Sheet Control Accounts, preparing a detailed pack of the reconciliations for month end closing.
- Producing timetables, monthly, quarterly and annually to enable the Department to achieve deadlines dictated by Information User Departments.
- Maintaining a close liaison with line managers to identify the reporting needs of the Hotel and individual departments and to develop practical schemes to ensure satisfactory methods of communication to Departmental Heads through the ‘feed-back’ system.
- Ensuring full familiarity with the software systems used by the Hotel in recording and reporting of the financial accounting and to train departmental colleagues as appropriate.
- Recognising the training requirements of staff within the unit and affect that training in-house or recommend external tuition as required.
- Deputising as required, and in the absence of, the Director of Finance.
- Presenting reports to management, to generate a sense of awareness and realism within the business.
- Maintaining the control systems and procedures over income, expenses and assets of the Hotel.
- Developing and administering a sound plan of organisation and procedures for efficient operation of the Control Department in order to assist in operating the Hotel successfully.
- Maintaining the books of account in line with statute and Four Seasons Hotels Limited Policy and Procedure.
Four Seasons Hotel Hampshire
Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts have been ranked FORTUNE magazine’s ‘100 Best Companies to Work For’ every year since 1998…come and find out why! With over 100 hotels and resorts globally, Four Seasons is dedicated to perfecting the travel experience through continual innovation and the highest standards of hospitality. The deeply instilled Four Seasons culture is personified by its employees – people who share a single focus and are inspired to offer great service.