The Assistant Manager Sommelier will have a full understanding of a restaurant operation, ensuring consistent and thoughtful service. The successful candidate will need to be able to demonstrate a thorough knowledge of both wine and food service, be confident in pairing dishes with wine, cellar management and list compilation. You will have a natural flair for service and in delivering a strong service culture, with a natural ability to motivate and develop others. You will have a proven supervisory experience within in a hotel or restaurant environment where quality food, wine and ingredients are key priorities.
- Have a solid understanding of both new and old world wines and successfully completed WSET or equivalent qualification to a high level.
- Describe and ensure quality of the product, as well as provide expert knowledge of wine and spirits in an elegantly appointed environment. Developing and maintaining an elegantly appointed environment, with superior staff, dedicated to an attentive, distinctive experience for Hospitality.
- Control beverage and operating expenses through effective scheduling, budgeting, purchasing decisions, and inventory and cash control. To be able to understand the market and different concepts, by adjusting menus and selecting the best product.
- Select, train, evaluate, lead, motivate, coach, and discipline all employees in the Wild Carrot Restaurant to ensure that established cultural and core standards are met; daily activities and planning for restaurant operation.
- The ability to be visible in the operation, provide recognition, promote good public relations and handle complaints, concerns or special requests for guests, clients, and group contacts.
- Attend regular operational meetings to ensure effective coordination and cooperation between departments. Observe physical condition of facilities and equipment in the outlet and make recommendations for corrections and improvements as needed.
- Job type
- Hook, United Kingdom
- F&B service
- Starting in
- As soon as possible