Four Seasons Hotel Houston is seeking a Pastry Cook with experience providing exceptional service.
Join a diverse and talented team in Downtown Houston!
Located in the heart of Houston, Four Seasons Houston’s backyard provides easy access to the best of what the city has to offer while perfectly capturing the energy and culture of Houston. Prideful Texan hospitality from passionate employees set the tone in this intimate gathering place where personalized service creates epic memories for every guest. From the expansive pool area to the buzzy tables of our Italian restaurant, Quattro, and our all-new Bayou & Bottle lobby bar, the Hotel is the only place where you can find gatherings of greatness.
Who we are
With 105 hotels in 43 countries, Four Seasons is dedicated to perfecting the travel experience through continual innovation and the highest standards of hospitality. From elegant surroundings of the finest quality, to caring, highly personalized 24-hour service, Four Seasons embodies a true home away from home for those who know and appreciate the best. The deeply instilled Four Seasons culture is personified by its employees – people who share a single focus and are inspired to offer great service.
We pride ourselves on the commitment to the Golden Rule philosophy, and because of our employee-centric approach, we are honored to have been named by our employees to Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” list for the 20th consecutive year, by which we proceeded to earn the recognition as a “Great Place to Work Legend.” We also consistently earn global recognition as an employer of choice, hiring and developing local talent in every location where we operate.
Key Elements of the Job include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare pastry items according to guest orders of consistent quality following recipe cards, as well as production, portion, and presentation standards
- Complete mis en place and set-up station for breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner service
- Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not prepare beyond estimated needs
- Operate and maintain clean kitchen equipment, including deep fryer, broiler, stove, steamer, food processor, mixer, slicer, oven, steam table, tilt kettle, waffle iron, and flat top grill
- Label food containers and rotate as per policies, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures
- Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up; note any out-of-stock items or possible shortages
- Return all food items not used to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables
- Assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems; control food waste, loss and usage per policies
- Comply with Four Seasons’ Category One and Category Two Work Rules and Standards of Conduct as set forth in EmPact
- Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors and actively participate in creating a teamwork environment
- Must have a valid Food Handler’s certificate
- Perform other duties as assigned
What to Expect:
- Cohesive Team Environment
- Competitive Salary & Wages
- Excellent Training and Development opportunities
- Complimentary accommodation at other Four Seasons Hotels
- Complimentary Dry Cleaning for Employee Uniforms
- Complimentary Employee Meals
- Monthly Metro Discount
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Job type
- Central Business District, Houston, TX, United States
- F&B kitchen
- Starting in
- As soon as possible