The Four Seasons Resort Hualalai is looking for a Cook IV who shares a passion for excellence and who infuses enthusiasm into everything they do. Our Cook IV’s have the opportunity to shape our guest experience by providing exceptional knowledge of the Resort and exemplifying the Golden Rule in each interaction. Work authorization required.
Join Our Team
Work on a team that is built on mutual respect, collaboration, excellent service and a passion for service. Four Seasons provides employees with the same level of care that we expect to be shared with our guests. We have been ranked in FORTUNE Magazine’s 100 Best Companies to work for since 1998.
- Prepare food items according to guest orders of consistent quality following recipe cards and pick up charts, as well as production, portion, and presentation standards; must have recipes available complete in place and set-up station for breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner service. Must have recipes available
- Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not prepare beyond estimated needs. Ensure proper timing/pace during service from your station to meet or exceed FS standards. Ability to create specials and communicate/taste/explain/cost, timely with the front of house.
- Operate, maintain and properly clean kitchen equipment, including deep fryer, broiler, stove, steamer, food processor, mixer, slicer, oven, steam table, tilt kettle, waffle iron, and flat top grill. Ensure all Health department standards are being followed.
- Date all food containers and rotate as per policies, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures (control food waste); check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up; note any out-of-stock items or possible shortages, assist with ordering product from your station; return all food items not used to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables on a daily basis; assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems; control food waste, loss and usage per policies.
- Must be fully capable to work a variety of stations and have the ability to have mastered at least one.
- Assist in prep work of vegetables and condiments as required for the next shift Assist Chefs team in meeting monthly food cost objectives.
- Occasionally may be required to train new colleagues and assist with cross training initiatives.
Desired Qualifications and Skills
- Required by the Hawaii State Department of Health to obtain a Tuberculous (TB) clearance card when working in food and beverage
- Successful candidate must possess legal work authorization in United States
- Minimum 1 year culinary or related work experience. Basic culinary knowledge is expected for this position. Working knowledge is generally learned on-the-job.
What to Expect: You Will…
- Be a champion of the Golden Rule: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you
- Be part of a cohesive team with opportunities to build a successful career with global potential
- Have access to a robust benefit plan
- Have the opportunity to engage in diverse and challenging work
- Derive a sense of pride in work well done
- Be recognized for excellence
Learn more about what it is like to work at Four Seasons – visit us:
We look forward to receiving your application!Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the ''EEOC is The Law'' Information poster please visit this website - http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
- Job type
- Kailua-Kona, HI, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration