The Four Seasons Hotel Kuala Lumpur is looking for top talent to join the pre-opening team.
About Four Seasons Hotel Kuala Lumpur
The Golden Triangle neighborhood, Kuala Lumpur’s thriving business and financial district, will soon see the opening of the new Four Seasons Hotel and Residences. The Hotel is part of a 65-storey mixed-use tower that will include 242 Four Seasons Private Residences, 27 serviced apartments, a 209-key Four Seasons Hotel and a six- floor of 250,000 square foot luxury retail podium, collectively known as Four Seasons Place Kuala Lumpur.
The latest addition to the city’s dramatic skyline and a vibrant hub for both business and leisure travelers, Four Seasons Hotel Kuala Lumpur will be conveniently located in close proximity to the city’s major attractions, including the Petronas Twin Towers and the Kuala Lumpur City Centre (KLCC). Often referred to as a “city within a city,” the KLCC will offer designer shopping, fine dining, and the best of the city’s electric nightlife. The Hotel will also overlook the KLCC Park and be directly connected to the esplanade, allowing guests to take full advantage of the Park’s 50 acres of green space, including lush gardens, fountains, waterfalls, a wading pool, and jogging track.
An exciting addition to Kuala Lumpur’s culinary scene, the Hotel will introduce several unique dining outlets to the city, including a Cantonese restaurant, lobby and rooftop pool bars, and an all-day dining restaurant with sweeping views of the Petronas Twin Towers.
The Hotel will also offer an executive lounge for business travelers, a serene spa, wellness-focused fitness centre and rooftop infinity pool offering panoramic views of Kuala Lumpur’s endless skyline. Lush landscaping around the rooftop pool and terrace will create an urban oasis, echoing the greenery of the KLCC Park below.
Four Seasons Hotel Kuala Lumpur will offer both international and regional travelers an urban complement to the existing Four Seasons Resort in Malaysia, the award-winning Four Seasons Resort Langkawi.
About Four Seasons
Founded in 1960, Four Seasons continues to define the future of luxury hospitality with extraordinary imagination, unwavering commitment to the highest standards of quality, and the most genuine and customized service. Currently operating 105 hotels and private residences in major city centers and resort destination in 43 countries, and with more than 60 projects in development, Four Seasons consistently ranks among the world’s best hotels and most prestigious brands in reader polls, traveler reviews and industry awards.
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE OFFICER
The Accounts Payable Officer maintain a system of purchase orders, receipts, invoices and check requests in order to promptly and adequately support, document and process for payment all hotel payables according to Four Seasons Hotels Limited policies and procedures.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish the above task.
- Must have a commitment to follow all local and corporate policies and procedures as they relate to Accounts Payable.
- Must work in a safe, prudent and organized manner.
- Supervise that all invoices verified are supported by duly approved purchase orders when required, signed receiving documentation and/or the approval of authorized management personnel.
- Supervise that all prices, quantities and extensions are verified against purchase order as required, and are initialed the invoice when verified. Bring any discrepancies to the attention of the Assistant Director of Finance.
- Ensure that alphabetical files by vendor containing complete invoices and backup attached to the checks for efficient access after payment, are maintained. All filing is to be kept current.
- Process all Accounts Payable invoices and manual checks through the computer system. Check all expense reports have the relevant supporting documentation and highlight any discrepancies to the Assistant Director of Finance.
- Journal all stop payments and void checks. Liaise with the bank for all stop payments.
- Supervise that vendor statements are checked and filed as they are received and resolve all discrepancies directly with the vendor. For unresolved discrepancies, bring them up to the attention of the Assistant Director of Finance.
- Prepare manual checks as they are required if directed by Director of Finance or Assistant Director of Finance.
- Run the required reports at month end to close the Accounts Payable cycle.
- Prepare journal entry for accrual of invoices received after closing and for goods and services received, but not yet invoiced (usually Good Received Without Invoice).
- Ensure a copy of all invoices for purchases of all operating equipment items (china, glass, silver and linen) and prepayment and AP Misc is given to the Assistant Director of Finance for reconciliation, and original invoices of capital items for the Director of Finance.
- Maintain, and constantly update, an approved vendor listing file.
- Ensure stamping of "PAID" or perforation using a cheque perforator on invoices/vouchers after check is disbursed and mailed.
- Assist in department records moving and storeroom clearing.
- Assist the Assistant Director of Finance to prepare all financial statements, accruals, prepayments and journal entries, and maintain reconciliations for all balance sheet accounts in established corporate formats and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principals.
- Assist the Assistant Director of Finance to co-ordinate, observe and prepare all operating equipment and supply inventories reconciliations in accordance with corporate policies as directed by the Controller.
- Conduct self in a professional manner at all times to reflect the high standards of Four Seasons Hotels.
- Perform any additional duties as assigned by the Director of Finance or Assistant Director of Finance.
- Candidates must speak read and write Bahasa Malaysia as well as being fluent in English. Must have the right to work in Malaysia.
Visa sponsorship is not available for the role. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Join Our Team
Join a team that is built on mutual respect, collaboration, creativity and a commitment to the highest quality of service. Four Seasons Hotel Kuala Lumpur provides guests with a haven of serenity and luxury in a bustling city. Four Seasons provides employees with the same level of care that we expect to be shared with our guests. We have been ranked in FORTUNE Magazine’s 100 Best Companies to work for since 1998.
What to expect: You will……
Be a champion of the Golden Rule: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you
Be part of a cohesive team with opportunities to learn, grow and develop
Have the opportunity to engage in diverse and challenging work
Derive a sense of pride in work well done
- Job type
- Kuala Lumpur City Centre, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Starting in
- As soon as possible