Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts have been ranked FORTUNE magazine’s 100 Best Companies to Work For every year since 1998…come and find out why. With 107 hotels and resorts worldwide, Four Seasons is dedicated to perfecting the travel experience through continual innovation and the highest standards of hospitality. The deeply instilled Four Seasons culture is personified by its employees, people who share a single focus and are inspired to offer great service.
Aloha! Bordering a marine preserve perched on top a rugged red lava cliff above a white sand beach, our ocean side luxury resort in Lanai, Hawaii, will make you swoon - and the spectacular golf course with three cliff side fairways will take your breath away.
The Four Seasons Beach Resort Lanai is looking for a Assistant Golf Course Superintendent
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
BS degree in Turf Management with two or more years of supervisory experience in the golf maintenance industry. Previous supervisory experience required. Requires excellent communication and organization skills. Knowledgeable in uses of PCs and programs such as Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, etc. required.
- Working knowledge of the maintenance of golf course tees, fairways, greens; the seeding and maintenance practices for golf course turf; the planting, cultivating, pruning, and caring for plants, shrubs and trees; the characteristics and proper use of various fertilizers and soil conditioners; herbicides and pest control methods and materials; drainage control methods; and irrigation system, including wells, pumps and automatic controls.
- Ability to obtain a State of Hawaii Restricted Use Pesticide license within 90 days of hire
- Valid driver’s license
- US work authorization is required unless candidate is currently in a managerial position at a Four Seasons location. Current Four Seasons managers may qualify for L-1 visa sponsorship.
In this role, you will:
- Under general supervision of the Golf Course Superintendent, participates and assists in supervising all maintenance programs for the golf course.
- Conducts individual and business affairs in highest ethical and legal fashion. Establishes and contributes to supportive, creative, enthusiastic, and cooperative working environment for all. Develops specific objectives, performance standards, and individual development plans; responsible for regularly providing progress reports. Builds strong communication links with supervisors, peers, employees, and community representatives. Complies with all company policies and procedures. Per maintenance specifications, trains, directs and supervises the maintenance of greens, traps, tees, fairways, bodies of water, roughs, maintenance shop and yard, clubhouse grounds and associated areas. Oversees operation and maintenance of irrigation and drainage systems. Trains and instructs equipment operators on the operation and care of mowing and other operation of other equipment. Supervises pesticide application and calibration of pesticide application equipment. Supervises fertilizer formulations and applications. Oversees maintenance and repair of motorized and other mechanical equipment. Assists in planning and layout of golf course construction and maintenance work. Keeps records and prepares reports. Aids in maintaining security of golf course property and buildings. Maintains good public relations with customers and the community. Plays and understands the game of golf. Helps to develop the maintenance plan and course maintenance budget. Aids in purchasing supplies and materials within budgetary limitations. Does other related work as required. Assumes responsibility when the Superintendent is off the property.
What we are offering as benefits:
- Excellent Training and Development opportunities
- Medical coverage
- Complimentary accommodation at other Four Seasons Hotels (based on length of service)
- Meals on duty and laundered uniform
- Employee Recognition Programs
Learn more about what it is like to work at Four Seasons – Visit us:
We look forward to receiving your application!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Langkawi, Malaysia
- Engineering & Maintenance
- Starting in
- As soon as possible