The Four Seasons Resort and Residences Napa Valley is looking for Staff Accountant. This position''s tentative start date is late Summer 2019.
We are seeking an individual who has two to five years of Finance experience, preferably within a luxury hotel with exposure to residences. This person must be passionate and possesses excellent interpersonal and team player skills, has an eye for detail.
- The Staff Accountant is responsible for assisting the Assistant Director of Finance in maintaining the general ledger and balance sheet reconciliations, along with residential finance duties
- Staff Accountant is responsible for supervising other areas within the Finance Department under the direction of the Assistant Director of Finance, including payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and accounting generalist in accordance with all related local and corporate policies and procedures.
- Good understanding of Month-End Process, including but not limited to preparation of financial statements, accruals and journal entries, inter-company entries, maintaining reconciliations for all balance sheet accounts in established corporate formats and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Perform all daily, monthly, and other periodic accounting and financial reporting in an accurate and timely nature.
- Participate in the physical inventory counts and the subsequent accuracy of count, price, and valuation.
- Safeguard the cash assets through daily/monthly bank reconciliations, cash counts of all issued Banks, including general cashier, and reporting any discrepancies to the Assistant Director of Finance.
- Assist with month end adjustment journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Prepare periodic vacation and medical deduction audits.
- Prepare required backup or work papers in order to provide analysis and control over balance sheet and P&L accounts and to serve the purpose of internal and external audits.
- Have a working knowledge of all areas in Finance to ensure that coverage can be provided for employees on vacation or leave.
- Be familiar with the program of records control, security, retention and disposal in accordance with hotel policy and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- At least two to five years of Finance experience, preferably within a luxury hotel
- Strong leadership & organizational skills required
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong working knowledge back office accounting systems
- Excellent emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills
Must already be legally permitted to work in the United States. Applicants without valid work authorization for the United States will not be considered.
About Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
Four Seasons prides itself on the commitment to the Golden Rule philosophy, and strives to provide the best possible experience for both our guests and employees. Because of our employee-centric approach, Four Seasons has been listed in the FORTUNE Magazine “100 Best Companies to Work For” rankings every year since 1998.
To learn more about Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts, watch this exciting video: We Are Four Seasons
About Four Seasons Resort and Residences Napa Valley
Situated at the northern end of Napa Valley off the famed Silverado Trail, Four Seasons Resort and Residences Napa Valley will offer experiences will capture the imagination of even the most seasoned wine country visitors. With 85 luxuriously appointed guest rooms in a single-story and two-story villas scattered among the oaks and vines, the resort is all set to open fall of 2019.
Four Seasons offers an award-winning work environment and an excellent benefits package that includes:
- Competitive Salary & Wages
- Generous Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance Plans
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Paid holidays, vacation & sick time
- Excellent Training and Development opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Parental Leave
- Complimentary Accommodation at other Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
- Discounted Rooms Nights at other Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
- Complimentary Employee Meals
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran and need a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, please contact our People + Culture Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the ''EEOC is The Law'' Information poster please visit this website: EEOC is The Law.Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the ''EEOC is The Law'' Information poster please visit this website - http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
- Job type
- Napa, CA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract