Four Seasons Hotel New York Downtown
The Four Seasons Hotel New York Downtown is looking for a Steward who shares a passion for excellence and who infuses enthusiasm into everything they do. Our Steward has the opportunity to shape guest experience by providing exceptional knowledge and service in support of our world-renowned hotels. This position reports to the Stewarding Manager. Work authorization for the location is required.
Join Our Team
Located in Tribeca, a block away from the World Trade Center; the new Four Seasons Hotel New York Downtown rises to redefine the world''s most famous skyline. Experience CUT, Wolfgang Puck''s first NYC restaurant, and become part of the creativity, confidence and 24/7 vitality that is reshaping Lower Manhattan.
Work on a team that is built on mutual respect, collaboration, excellent service and passion for providing above and beyond guest experiences. Four Seasons Hotel New York Downtown is poised to become the leading provider of quality hospitality in the New York Downtown area.
Four Seasons provides employees with the same level of care that we expect to be shared with our guests. We have been ranked in FORTUNE Magazine’s 100 Best Companies to work for since 1998.
The Steward is responsible for the cleanliness, maintenance, and sanitation of china, glass, silver, cafeteria, kitchen equipment, and kitchen and banquet production areas in accordance with production requirements and quality standards. The Steward will maintain the cleanliness of the area included but not limited to tables, buffet line, floor, salad bar, oven tops, ovens, grease traps, kitchen mats and coolers. They must also maintain a safe work environment. They will comply with any additional requests that may arise pertaining to Steward duties.
- Clean and sanitize china, glass, and silver using the dishwashing machine; load and unload dishware and flatware from dishwashing machine and store properly.
- Clean and sanitize all ovens, steam kettles, mixers and other kitchen equipment as well as all kitchen drains, sinks, floors, and walls; clean, dust, seep, mop, polish, scrub, wash, strip, and buff kitchen and pastry shop production areas and hallways.
- Clean and sanitize all pots, pans, and kitchen utensils using the correct cleaning and rinsing solutions.
- Safely set-up, clean, and utilize the silver burnishing machine to clean, polish, sort, and transport silver following a daily or weekly schedule; place damaged or excessively worn pieces in a designated area for repair.
- Safely utilize and store all cleaning compounds, chemicals, and materials including soaking solution utilizing the correct protective clothing.
- Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.
- Read, understand, and follow each component of a banquet functions sheet for the set-up of a banquet event.
- Collect all china, glass, and silver for banquet events and have them delivered to functions rooms.
- Set up and deliver all food items that are the pre-arranged responsibility of Stewarding for a banquet event to the functions room in a timely manner.
- Assist in the plate up of all courses and their delivery to the function room.
- Set up breakdown area and assists in the breakdown and cleanup of all dirty dishes returning from a banquet room.
- Scrape and stack all dishes properly and rack all glassware.
- Pre-soak all silver with use of aluminum foil and soil master.
- Properly operate the dish machine safety and neatly while changing the water at least once every 2 ½ hours.
- Keep all china, glass, and silver adequately separated and stocked in the cafeteria line.
- Keep the dish area, cafeteria line and dining tables neat and clean at all times.
- Clean, stock, refill, and store all table top condiments in employee dining room.
- Replenish any food items, water, beverages and ice when necessary.
- Brew and maintain cleanliness of the coffee machine daily.
- Monitor and pick-up the requisitions from the store room as needed.
- Sweep and mop the pantry areas, front of the line and back of the line.
- Clean all In Room Dining trollies.
- Remove trash from all kitchens and production areas and take to the loading dock.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
We are looking for an individual who poses solid interpersonal and relationship-building skills to work with cross-functional teams. Apply an ethical approach to influence the outcome of situations and serve as role model for others by demonstrating appropriate business conduct and ethical principles.
We are looking for candidates who are proactive, have a technical knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
This position involves a heavy volume of organizational skill and ability to operate computer equipment and excellent Excel and Computer Skills. Sun, ADP and Opera Systems knowledge would be ideal and greatly valued. This position requires an applicant with a flexible schedule and the ability to work all shifts, weekends and holidays.
What to Expect: You Will…
- Be part of a cohesive team with opportunities to build a successful career with global potential
- Have access to a robust benefit plan
- Have the opportunity to engage in diverse and challenging work
- Derive a sense of pride in work well done
- Be recognized for excellence
Learn more about what it is like to work at Four Seasons – visit us:
We look forward to receiving your application
******Please note that due to the large number of responses we receive, only candidates being considered for the above position will be contacted for an interview.******Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the ''EEOC is The Law'' Information poster please visit this website - http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Manhattan, New York, NY, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible