The Four Seasons Resort O’ahu at Ko Olina is looking for a Director of Security who has a passion for excellence and the spirit of aloha.
The Director of Security reports directly to the Resort Manager and is responsible for managing and supervising the day to day security force of the property to ensure the safety and security of all guests, personnel and the property. Successful candidates will have a strong customer service background and have the ability to balance the needs to ensure policy and legal compliance while ensuring the culture of Four Seasons service is experienced by our guests, employees, vendors, etc.
Join Our Ohana
We invite you to join our ‘ohana at the Four Seasons Resort O’ahu at Ko Olina as we continue to curate experiences at one of the finest resorts in the world. We’re excited to bring the Four Seasons Experience to O’ahu for the first time and embrace the unique local culture here in Hawai’i. Our work environment pairs a strong commitment to excellent service and authentic experiences with an emphasis on creativity and innovation. Four Seasons has been ranked in FORTUNE Magazine’s 100 Best Companies to Work For since 1998. We’re looking for individuals with not only the right skills and attitude for the role, but also the aloha spirit!
• The ability to manage and supervise the day to day security force of the property to ensure the safety and security of all guests, personnel and property.
• The ability to review and conduct performance evaluations for Security staff.
• The ability to implement all policies and procedures regarding security and safety.
• The ability to design and implement preventive safety and security programs.
• The ability to prevent situations that could jeopardize the reputation of the hotel.
• The ability to investigate crimes committed against the hotel, guests, and employees.
• The ability to document all incidents occurring in the hotel in connection with crime, subversions, potential liabilities and insurance requirements. And in documenting such activities remain objective, and write comprehensive reports.
• The ability to assist hotel staff in handling of unusual guest or employee problems, such as, but not limited to, disorderly conduct, thefts, suicides, bomb threats, employee or guest accidents, fire or safety hazards, robberies, terrorist activities, civil disturbance, power or elevator failures, medical assistance and natural disasters.
• The ability to select, train, schedule, discipline and direct security personnel in all aspects of security policies and procedures.
• The ability to keep abreast of developments within the hotel and community as they relate to security as well as act as a liaison with local law-enforcement agencies.
• The ability to remain informed of current Federal and local laws and regulations as they relate to the hotel, particularly in areas of guest, patron and employee rights.
• The ability to take an active role in the development and implementation of the hotel's fire plan. In addition to testing the hotel’s Fire and Emergency Response preparedness.
• The ability to take responsibility for all training related to the hotel's emergency procedures, and conduct bi-annual Fire Drills.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
• 4 Year College/University Degree in a related field
• Experience working in a luxury Hotel/Resort setting managing a Security operation
• Understanding of Loss Prevention systems, policies and procedures, and processes.
US Work Authorization is required unless candidate is currently in a managerial position at a Four Seasons Location. Current Four Seasons Managers may qualify for L1 Visa Sponsorship.
About Four Seasons Resort O'ahu at Ko Olina
On Oahu’s sunny western coast – wild, rugged and conveniently close to Honolulu and Waikiki Beach – Four Seasons Resort O’ahu at Ko Olina balances a classic Hawaiian style with one-of-a-kind luxury.
Chic and light-filled with vast ocean views, our 370 accommodations provide a personal sanctuary in this all-encompassing Hawaiian luxury beach resort. Restaurants and bars are infused with the magnetic energy of Ko Olina. Guests have the opportunity to splash into lively pools and lagoons, with numerous water sports right off the Resort’s own beach. They are also able to play tennis and golf, then relax in the Spa – wrapped in the effortless elegance of Four Seasons.
Working at Four Seasons
Four Seasons can offer what many hospitality professionals dream of – an opportunity to build a life-long career with global potential and a real sense of pride in work well done. In line with our plans for future growth, we are committed to staff levels that are in keeping with our extraordinary staff-to-guest ratios. We believe that attitude counts as much as skill. As a result, Four Seasons hires motivated people who we train to perform superbly, while we create an environment where they can flourish. Ultimately, our culture breeds success, and rewards it in many different ways.
Learn more about Four Seasons
Learn more about Four Seasons O’ahu at Ko Olina on Social Media
We look forward to receiving your application! Mahalo!
- Job type
- Kapolei, HI, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract