Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort has a PB&G Restaurant Chef position.
We are seeking eager individuals who are dedicated to creating a memorable experience for our guests through sharing their ideas, exploring creativity and who are enthusiastic about joining a dynamic team!
Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort, is the leading luxury resort in Central Florida. We pride ourselves on the service we deliver and that all begins with the dedication of our employees who embrace the meaning behind the Golden Rule. Guests are pampered with a customized approach, ensuring that each experience is unique and unforgettable. Our goal is to attract only the most positive and passionate talent, those who are able to provide intuitive service, with a warm and friendly smile. We encourage our team to strive for personal and professional greatness and are always empowered to do what is right.
Are you seeking an exciting position where you can join a team of innovative and inspired individuals? If so, we would like to talk to you!
Department & Position Summary
Recipe Creation & Menu Planning
The Restaurant Chef is responsible for creating recipes for the restaurant''s signature dishes. In addition, the Restaurant Chef must ensure his subordinates in the kitchen are trained to prepare the dishes in a timely fashion and with a consistent level of excellence. The Restaurant Chef needs to plan how new items will fit into the overall menu. This may mean ensuring a balance of dishes and seasonable ingredients. The Restaurant Chef''s duties extend to the administrative side, which may include working with and deciding upon the right price points to maintain an acceptable profit margin.
- Coordinate the implementation of signature dishes for PB&G:
- Create calendar invites of tasting dates to appropriate parties
- Plan and organize production leading up to tasting
- Demonstrate knowledge of the sales mix of potentially implemented items
- Build recipes and costing for new menu items
- Run specials to test, cost and familiarize staff with potential items
- Build recipes in Birchstreet and link with appropriate ingredients
- Show accurate costing and overall food cost impact on new items
Oversight of the Kitchen
The Restaurant Chef regularly prepares food and ultimately is responsible for every plate the kitchen produces. Achieves consistent product excellence which includes training new cooks, retraining current staff and hiring the best cooks to handle business volume and deliver quality food. Hands-on supervision – or even jumping in to lend a hand during busy times – is a must. The Restaurant Chef is also responsible for interpreting labor reports and keeping all costs, including food, in line with budget and maintaining a working knowledge of the P&L.
- Ensure products for PB&G are cross utilized
- Centralize purchasing so the two are effectively one kitchen
- Purchase items appropriate to business levels
- Communicate with the resort for product needs
- Monitor the par levels and production of product to keep in line with volume demands
- Maintain high levels of product quality through appropriate preparation and sanitation measures.
- Monitor and maintain sanitation & health department standards.
- Routinely inspect all areas of the kitchens for compliance
- Address issues immediately and follow up on progress
Administrative responsibilities separate the Restaurant Chef from other kitchen supervisors. Working with the restaurant manager, the Restaurant Chef is in charge of ordering supplies and raw food materials, making sure there is enough product for day-to-day operations. The Restaurant Chef also handles all paperwork, reporting to the Executive chef on sales and orders, as well as hires, trains and coaches all employees, and uses progressive discipline when needed for all kitchen personnel.
- Demonstrate effective and smart scheduling for both PB&G
- Write, review and submit schedules to Executive Chef
- Schedules inserted in Heath accurately by required deadline
- Schedules posted to Staff by required deadline
- Ensure appropriate coverage for both outlets; right players for the right time
- Cross utilize team members between the two outlets and/or resort
- Maintain daily E-Time Compliance
- Keeping up-to-date on employee timecards
- Updating coding where necessary for inter-kitchen help
- Write, review and submit schedules to Executive Chef
- Attendance & Performance at Bi-Weekly Labor Meetings
- Be prepared to speak intelligently on labor effectiveness, labor costs, standards, open positions etc.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the needs versus impact of labor compared to volume at PB&G
- Ensure proper payroll procedures and deadlines are met for both outlets.
- Hiring, Training and Coaching
- To ensure best hiring occurs, is involved in practical testing of all culinary candidates for PB&G
- Oversee all training of new hires, including testing of product knowledge and expediency
- Coaches al culinary employees on proper techniques, skill improvement, product knowledge and performance, recording all performance challenges on performance logs and Workday when required
Four Seasons Orlando is seeking candidates who have 6 years’ experience and who already possess legal work authorization for employment in the United States.
Four Seasons Orlando offers health, life, dental, vision and disability insurance, along with paid holiday, paid vacation, and dining, retail and golf discounts.
Want to know more about working for Four Seasons? Visit us at:
You Tube: http://bit.ly/WeAreFS
See what our employees are saying at: #FSEmployee
What to know whats going on with Four Seasons Orlando? Visit our sites at
We look forward to receiving your application!Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the ''EEOC is The Law'' Information poster please visit this website - http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
- Job type
- Orlando, FL, United States
- F&B kitchen
- Starting in
- As soon as possible