By joining the Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts team, you can see why we''ve been named by our employees to FORTUNE magazine''s list of the "100 Best Companies to Work For." Four Seasons is one of just 12 organizations to have the distinction of being recognized every year since the list''s inception in 1998 and was recently named a FORTUNE Legend!
Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco overlooks Yerba Buena Gardens and is located just steps away from the financial district, Union Square shopping, the Moscone Convention Center, the Museum of Modern Art, and the Contemporary Jewish Museum, amid the city''s finest cultural and dining venues.
We are actively searching for an energetic Extra-List Room Service Coordinator / Order Taker.
The Role - Overview
The Room Service Coordinator / Order Taker is the front line for the room service department and interacts directly with our Four Seasons guests who wish to order food and beverages to be delivered directly to their rooms. This role is a union non-management position.
This list is not all –inclusive and should only be used as an overview of all actual responsibility.
- Answer telephone using courteous, efficient telephone etiquette while obtaining all information necessary to process the guest’s order according to Four Seasons Standards.
- Describe the selection of food & beverage menu items to guests by offering interesting, and vivid descriptions of the each item’s, origin, taste, and preparation methods.
- Communicate guest orders including any special needs or requests to the kitchen using the hotel’s point-of-sales system; check completed kitchen orders with the guest’s original order; coordinate delivery of items to the guestroom by Room Service Servers in a timely manner to ensure proper food quality; properly and accurately close guest checks; record guest charges and gratuities.
- Anticipate guest needs, ascertain satisfaction, and offer suggestions, and respond urgently and appropriately to guest concerns and requests.
- Coordinate amenity deliver by ensuring that all requests are received, filed, ordered from kitchen and delivered in a prompt and accurate fashion.
Qualifications & Experience
- Reading, writing, and oral proficiency in the English language
- Must have minimum of 1-2 years upscale dining experience and/or coordinating experience in a hospitality environment
- Moderate - extensive food, wine, and cocktail knowledge
- Able to cope with stress and work in a high volume operation
- Must be able to prioritize and multi-task
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including days, nights, weekends & holidays
- High school education or equivalent experience required.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please log into your account and attach your resume and cover letter in Word and/or PDF format. Click on the link to learn more about Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco: http://www.fourseasons.com/sanfrancisco/
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran and need a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, please contact the Human Resources Department at 415-633-3465.Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the ''EEOC is The Law'' Information poster please visit this website - http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Financial District, San Francisco, CA, United States
- F&B other
- Starting in
- As soon as possible