COME JOIN OUR FOUR SEASONS HOTEL SAN FRANCISCO TEAM! We are actively searching for an experienced and energetic individual to join our team as a Steward (Extra List/ On Call) at Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco!
By joining the Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts team, you can see why we''ve been named by our employees to FORTUNE magazine''s list of the "100 Best Companies to Work For." Four Seasons is one of just 13 organizations to have the distinction of being recognized every year since the list''s inception in 1998 -- 20 YEARS! Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco overlooks Yerba Buena Gardens and is located just steps away from the City''s Financial District, Union Square shopping, the Moscone Convention Center, the Museum of Modern Art, and the Contemporary Jewish Museum, amid the city''s finest cultural and dining venues.
The Role – Overview
The Steward (Extra List/ On Call) is responsible for the cleanliness, maintenance, and sanitation of china, glass, silver, cafeteria, kitchen equipment, and kitchen and banquet production areas in accordance with production requirements and quality standards. The Steward will maintain the cleanliness of the area included but not limited to tables, buffet line, floor, oven tops, ovens, grease traps, kitchen mats and coolers. Stewarding ensures that each outlet and function has an adequate supply of clean dishes and silverware and also keeps the kitchen and the “heart of house” clean and safe.
This list is not all –inclusive and should only be used as an overview of all actual responsibility:
- Clean and sanitize china, glass, and silver using the dishwashing machine; load and unload dishware and flatware from dishwashing machine and store properly.
- Clean and sanitize all ovens, steam kettles, mixers and other kitchen equipment as well as all kitchen drains, sinks, floors, and walls; clean, dust, seep, mop, polish, scrub, wash, strip, and buff kitchen and pastry shop production areas and hallways.
- Clean and sanitize all pots, pans, and kitchen utensils using the correct cleaning and rinsing solutions.
- Safely set-up, clean, and utilize the silver burnishing machine to clean, polish, sort, and transport silver following a daily or weekly schedule; place damaged or excessively worn pieces in a designated area for repair.
- Safely utilize and store all cleaning compounds, chemicals, and materials including soaking solution utilizing the correct protective clothing.
- Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.
- Set up and deliver all food items that are the pre-arranged responsibility of Stewarding for a banquet event to the functions room in a timely manner.
- Keep all china, glass, and silver adequately separated and stocked in the cafeteria line.
Qualifications & Experience
The ideal candidate must have the following qualifications to perform the essential functions of this role:
- Reading, writing, and oral proficiency in the English language
- A minimum of 1+ years stewarding experience preferred
- Able to cope with stress and work in a high volume operation
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including days, nights, weekends & holidays
- A high level of attention to detail and a strong work ethic
- The ability to multitask and prioritize
- Must be comfortable around industrial size dish machines and have the ability to learn their operation
- The ability to lift up to 50lbs and be able to perform repetitive motion and movements
- The ability to safely utilize the proper cleaning and polishing solutions
If you are interested in applying for this position, please log into your account and attach your resume and cover letter in Word and/or PDF format. Click on the link to learn more about Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco: http://www.fourseasons.com/sanfrancisco/
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran and need a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, please contact the Human Resources Department at 415-633-3465.
- Job type
- Financial District, San Francisco, CA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible