Nestled on the California coast between the Pacific Ocean and the Santa Ynez Mountains, Santa Barbara is graced by sunny skies and a mild year-round climate – earning its reputation as the American Riviera. Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts have been ranked FORTUNE magazine’s 100 Best Companies to Work for, every year since 1998… come and find out why! Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts have been ranked FORTUNE magazine’s 100 Best Companies to Work for, every year since 1998… come and find out why!
Assistant Director of Finance- Full time
Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara is looking for an Assistant Director of Finance who shares our passion for excellence and is enthusiastic about creating the ultimate service experience. The Assistant Director of Finance will be a member of a dynamic team delivering great service to our internal and external guests. This position reports to the Director of Finance.
Key Elements of the Job
- Good understanding of Month-End process, including but not limited to preparation of financial statements, accruals and journal entries, maintain reconciliations for balance sheet accounts in established corporate formats and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Prepare all financial statements accruals and journal entries and maintain reconciliation for all balance sheet accounts in established corporate formats and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Assist Director of Finance with preparation of forecasts and budgets as required locally, by corporate office or management agreement.
- Oversee the preparation of all local, state and federal tax returns on a timely basis.
- Select employees and train on Accounting standards in order to minimize turnover, maintain high morale and promote career development.
- Review the cash position of the hotel on a daily basis in order to optimize the use of funds.
- Maintain close relations with hotel’s internal and external auditors and ensure effective action necessary on all agreed upon recommendations.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Previous Hotel Accounting Experience highly preferred
- At least 5 years of progressive experience in Accounting management
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong working knowledge back office accounting systems
- Excellent emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills
- Competitive Salary & Wages
- Complimentary accommodation at other Four Seasons Hotels
- Complimentary Employee Meals
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and 401k Retirement Plans
- Job type
- Santa Barbara, CA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible