Department: Food & Beverage (Terra Restaurant & Bar)
Status: Regular Full - Time
Four Seasons Rancho Encantado Santa Fe is seeking top talent for a dynamic Bartender This position provides an expertly served bar experience by creating an exceptional guest experience in the Terra Bar. Serve guest needs by providing exceptional knowledge all drinks and of food & beverage menu items as well as information regarding preparation methods.
Set in 57 unspoiled acres tucked into the Sangre de Cristo Mountains, Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado offers our guests and employees a tranquil setting that is noted for the most scenic views of the New Mexico sunsets. Our 65-room jewel-box is located 10 minutes from the Santa Fe Plaza full of local culture, shops and restaurants that foodies from around the country are eager to experience. Our location offers the outdoor person in all of us some of the most spectacular year round experiences.
Founded in 1960, Four Seasons continues to define the future of luxury hospitality with extraordinary imagination, unwavering commitment to the highest standards of quality, and the most genuine and customized service. Currently operating 107 hotels and private residences in major city centers and resort destination in 38 countries, and with more than 60 projects in development, Four Seasons consistently ranks among the world''s best hotels and most prestigious brands in reader polls, traveler reviews and industry awards. Our work environment pairs a strong commitment to excellent service and authentic experiences with an emphasis on creativity and innovation. Four Seasons has been ranked in FORTUNE Magazine’s 100 Best Companies to Work For since 1998. We’re looking for individuals with not only the right skills and attitude for the role, but also the passion to excel.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
The Terra bartender is an essential member of the Food & Beverage team dedicated to providing exceptional quality and service to our guests. The Server position provides an enjoyable, expertly served experience conforming to Four Seasons standards of excellence for quality, professionalism and friendliness. Bartenders are intuitive in service and are able to customize and anticipate guest needs. Bartenders are knowledgeable about all drink menu options including wine and cocktail selections and are able to provide detailed ingredients information as well as an engaging and articulate description that tempts the tastebuds!
This position requires experience in a high end dining and bar environment and proven ability to work well on a team. Candidates must have excellent personal presentation and interpersonal skills. Candidates are also required to perform additional side work, greet and seat guests in the absence of the hostess, take reservations and have the ability to use the Micros Operating System. The Bartender position requires the ability to lift up to 60lbs and applicants must have a flexible schedule with the ability to work all shifts, weekends and holidays. Other responsibilities include:
- Prepare and serve a selection of wines, spirits, and mixed drinks from the menu while ensuring proper pouring, mixing, and blending according to established recipes and established Four Seasons Standards; serve guests in a positive, outgoing and naturally curious personality style.
- Confirm guest orders including any special needs or requests from the lounge server using the hotel’s point-of-sales system; check completed orders with the guest’s original order.
- Service and take orders from guests seated at the bar area offering interesting, and vivid descriptions of the each item’s, origin, taste, and preparation methods; maintain a working knowledge of liquors, wines, beers, ports, armagnacs, eau de vies, cognacs and specialty drinks; prepare all cocktails on the menu to the recipe standard from memory and all classic cocktails from memory.
- Anticipate guest needs, ascertain satisfaction, and offer suggestions, and respond urgently and appropriately to guest concerns and requests.
- Properly and accurately close guest checks; process cash and credit card payments; properly settle voided checks or complimentary items; breakdown, clean and set-up of bar area; properly follow checklist and be able to performs all aspects of opening and closing duties.
Ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum 2 year’s high end bartender/restaurant service or related work.
- Ability to communicate professional and accurately.
- Strong F&B, cocktail, beer and wine knowledge is preferred.
- Requires proficiency in the English language.
- Able to stand and walk up to 8 hours.
- Able to lift and carry up to 30 pounds.
- Must be able to work PM shifts including weekends, and holidays.
- Successful candidate must possess legal work authorization in the United States
- Must have current New Mexico alcohol server certification
- New Mexico Food Handler Certification
What to Expect:
- Complimentary stays at Four Seasons over 100 locations worldwide (subject to availability)
- Free employee meals prepared by the culinary team
- Excellent Training & Development
- Competitive Salary
- Complimentary employee parking
- Food & Beverage discounts
- Medical benefit plan, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance,
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- A culture that breeds success, and rewards it in many different ways
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Santa Fe, NM, United States
- F&B service
- Starting in
- As soon as possible