Department: Housekeeping & Laundry
Position: Director of Housekeeping
The Director of Housekeeping Manages the staff and controls the activities of the Housekeeping Department assuring that our Guest Rooms, Public Areas and Employee Areas meet the highest standards of cleanliness. Direct the efforts of the Laundry/Valet Department.
Four Seasons prides itself on the commitment to the Golden Rule philosophy, and strives to provide the best possible experience for both our guests and employees. Because of our employee-centric approach, Four Seasons has been named to FORTUNE’s list of the “100 Best Companies to Work For,” and we are now one of only eight organizations to be included on this list since its inception in 1998.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Manages the staff of the Housekeeping Department. Interviews, trains and schedules the staff. Conducts Performance Evaluations and disciplines staff when needed. Ensures communications and follow-up on any problems, guest requests or special requirements.
- Establishes detailed cleaning and preventive maintenance programs to ensure appearance and life of all furniture, fixtures and equipment. Sets and maintains high standards of cleanliness. Assigns staff to complete the needed activities for the day. Monitors staff’s activities to assure that standards are being met, staff is being supported and guest needs are being met. Inspects all areas of responsibility daily. Works directly with outside contracted companies to assure quality and timeliness of work.
- Resolves customer complaints, handling all guest interactions with the highest level of hospitality and professionalism, accommodating special requests whenever possible. Responds to all guest requests in an accurate and timely manner. Coordinates the housekeeping needs of any Condominium or Co-op owners. Interaction with guest will be in person and by phone.
- Assures the financial goals of the department are being met. Monitors and controls labor expense and other divisional expenses such as Uniforms, Linen, Guest Supplies, Cleaning Supplies and Contract Services. Establishes and maintains accurate inventory records. Participates in periodic Linen, Uniform and Supplies Inventories. Recommends appropriate actions passed on results of inventory. Assures that equipment is properly maintained. Prepares annual budget for labor and operating expense. Proposes items to be included in annual Capital Plan.
- Assures effective operation of the Laundry/Valet Department. Assists the department when needed.
Ideal candidate will have:
- Previous supervisory or managerial experience
- Bilingual preferred
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Job type
- Pinnacle Peak, Scottsdale, AZ, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract