Group Sales Manager - Full time
Four Seasons Hotel Seattle
Four Seasons Hotel Seattle is looking for a Group Sales Manager to promote and sell to group market in defined geographic region. Generate hotel awareness through direct phone sales; direct sales calls, tradeshows and networking groups. Work closely with sales and marketing team to solicit, sell and confirm group business required to meet budgeted sales goals. This position reports to the Associate Director of Sales. U.S. work authorization is required for this position. This position does require an applicant with a flexible schedule, able to travel and work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
Four Seasons prides itself on the commitment to the Golden Rule philosophy, and strives to provide the best possible experience for both our guests and employees. Because of our employee-centric approach, Four Seasons has been listed in the FORTUNE Magazine 100 Best Companies to Work For rankings every year since 1998.
Four Seasons Hotel Seattle is the Pacific Northwest’s only Forbes five-star rated hotel. Overlooking Elliott Bay and Puget Sound, our luxurious guestrooms are steps away from Pike Place Market, the Seattle Art Museum, and world-class shopping. In partnership with acclaimed Seattle chef Ethan Stowell, we are proud to showcase simply prepared Northwest food and drink in Goldfinch Tavern, our signature restaurant.
Key Elements of the Job
- Develop accounts (new and existing) by mapping specific business and buying tendencies. Include group profile for each meeting; maintain organized and professional plan for correspondence and follow up.
- Promote awareness to corporate, incentive and association markets via travel to respective regions in the country providing presentations and personal sales calls.
- Maintain communication/relationship with Worldwide Sales Office, (WSO), network for specific assigned region, as well as other FS hotels toward achieving pre-determined revenue goal.
- Create and execute direct sales plan specific to market assignment.
- Promote local awareness through maintaining relationships with Visit Seattle and tourism authorities.
- Conduct tours of property to meeting planners and other potential customers while informing of all hotel/resort services available; entertain customers on property, during site inspections, pre-planning trips, and program operation when appropriate.
- Work closely with conference services and catering through execution of definite program; keep Director of Conference Services and Planning Committee promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matter so prompt corrective action can be taken where appropriate.
- Coordinate all sales related activity through the direction of Associate Director of Sales; negotiate contract specifics to achieve maximum profitability while satisfying customer needs.
- Excellent knowledge of Delphi account management system to achieve FS minimum Delphi standards, while utilizing delphi as an account/organizational tool; have a working knowledge of local and regional competition.
- Conduct all sales related interactions with the highest level of professionalism while maintaining specified Four Seasons standards.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree / CMP Certification preferred
- 2 to 3 years experience directly related to hotel sales. Strong communications (telephone and in person).
- Strong writing and oral presentation skills
- Requires knowledge of and ability to operate computer equipment
- Basic knowledge of hotel operations
What to Expect from Your Work Experience...You will
- Be part of a cohesive team with a singular focus on creating the best possible guest experience
- Have the ability to demonstrate your unique personality and service style while achieving the brand standards that make us Four Seasons
- Be encouraged to demonstrate your professional passion
- Have career growth opportunities both within Four Seasons Hotel Seattle and worldwide with our company
- Be rewarded with market-leading pay and a comprehensive benefit plan
- Get to experience other Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts through the complimentary room nights program
- Receive a complimentary meal when at work in our employee restaurant, the Sound Café
Learn more about our property and what it is like to work at Four Seasons by visiting:
We look forward to receiving your application!Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the ''EEOC is The Law'' Information poster please visit this website - http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
- Job type
- Central Business District, Seattle, WA, United States
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible