The Four Seasons Resort Sharm El Sheikh is looking for a Chief Engineer position, who will be reporting to the Director of Engineering or Deputy. and will assist in all aspects of hotel and building maintenance including electrical, plumbing, steam, gas, fire & safety, HVAC refrigeration, interior, paint and decorating.
Desired Skills and Experience:· A minimum of two years experience as Chief Engineer. · A Bachelor of Engineering degree or equivalent experience .· Electromechanical background· Excellent communications skills (verbal and written)· A self-starter that can multi-task and prioritize- Ability to read and write English.Essential Functions:
- The ability to hire, train, supervise, schedule, motivate, positively discipline and plan the activities of engineering department team members.
- The ability to complete, evaluate and follow-up on employee performance reviews and six month’s progress reports on a timely basis.
- The ability to ensure that effective and concise preventive maintenance schedules are followed.
- The ability to plan and implement procedures, systems and controls to ensure an efficient, timely and pro-active engineering department.
- The ability to establish 5 Year Plan and Department Operating Budget for submission to management covering costs of heat, light & power and maintenance & repairs.
- The ability to communicate maintenance information accurately and effectively to the Director Of Engineering or Deputy.
- The ability to prepare an annual, itemized, Capital Budget to management, including all changes and replacements of mechanical equipment required by all departments.
- The ability to develop and update comprehensive departmental polices, procedures and manuals.
- The ability to maintain all the fire Life Safety equipment in first class order.
- Ensure that the fire-life-safety crew has a complete understanding of all procedures, equipment and alarms, and are trained in Emergency First Response to include CPR.
- The ability to establish good working relationships with contractors whom will furnish reliable 24-hour emergency service.
- The ability to compile a monthly consumption report on heat, light and power to include electricity, gas, steam and water.
- The ability to ensure all engineering team members under the direction of the Chief Engineer are exposed to hotel internal and external training on an on-going basis.
- The ability to ensure effective inter-departmental communication and good relations between the engineering team members and members of fellow departments within the resort.
- The ability to ensure all public areas are patrolled daily and all lighting is in good order.
- The ability to ensure all engineering team members are in complete uniform and well groomed.
- The ability to ensure timely completion of all assigned responsibilities.
- The ability to prepare purchase requisitions and work orders as well as liaise efficiently with the Director of Purchasing on such matters.
- The ability to conduct oneself in a professional manner at all times to reflect the high standards of Four Seasons Hotels and encourage staff to do the same.
- The ability to maintain a good working relationship with other employees, providing instruction and encouragement as needed.
- The ability to ensure a clean, neat and organized work area.
- The ability to attend and participate in all required meetings.
- The ability to respond properly in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- South Sinai Governorate, Egypt
- Engineering & Maintenance
- Starting in
- As soon as possible