About our Hotel
Our 200-room, luxury hotel is located in the heart of Silicon Valley, home to many of the world’s leaders in technological research. This bustling city combines California heritage with a long history of high-tech innovation.
Why join Four Seasons
Four Seasons prides itself on the commitment to the Golden Rule philosophy, and strives to provide the best possible experience for both our guests and employees. Because of our employee-centric approach, Four Seasons has been listed in the FORTUNE Magazine “100 Best Companies to Work For” rankings every year since 1998.
Prepare sweet items, pastries, cakes, ice creams, sorbets, fruit compotes, chocolates and show pieces according to guest orders and banquet event orders in accordance with production requirements and quality standards while maintaining a safe, sanitary work environment.
- Prepare pastry items according to guest orders of consistent quality following recipe cards, as well as production, portion, and presentation standards; complete mis en place and set-up station for breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner service.
- Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not prepare beyond estimated needs.
- Operate, maintain and properly clean kitchen equipment, including deep fryer, broiler, stove, steamer, food processor, mixer, slicer, oven, steam table, tilt kettle, waffle iron, and flat top grill.
- Date all food containers and rotate as per policies, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures; check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up; note any out-of-stock items or possible shortages; return all food items not used to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables; assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems; control food waste, loss and usage per policies.
2-3 years experience with fine pastry; culinary school required; high standard of cleanliness and food safety.
Some Benefits Four Season Silicon Valley employees enjoy:
- Competitive Salary & Wages
- Excellent Training and Development opportunities
- Complimentary accommodation at other Four Seasons Hotels
- Complimentary Dry Cleaning for Employee Uniforms
- Complimentary Employee Meals
- 401k Retirement Plans
Learn more about what it is like to work at Four Seasons – visit us:
Visa Requirements: Must already be legally permitted to work in the United States. Applicants without valid work authorization for the United States will not be considered. Visa sponsorship is not available.
Come visit HR Monday - Friday between the hours of 9am and 5pm to apply in person. We look forward to meeting you!
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran and need a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, please contact our Human Resources Office at 650-470-2857.Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the ''EEOC is The Law'' Information poster please visit this website - http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- East Palo Alto, CA, United States
- F&B kitchen
- Starting in
- As soon as possible