Job Description Summary:
Four Seasons Hotel Silicon Valley at East Palo Alto is seeking a Rooms Manager-in-Training (MIT) to join our award-winning team of service providers who share our organization’s passion for excellence and will infuse their enthusiasm for hospitality in everything they do. Our MITs have the opportunity to shape our guest and employee experiences by providing exceptional knowledge and service. Work authorization for the selected location is required.
Our aim is to develop our company’s future hotel operations leaders. Upon successful completion of the program, MITs will have learned the Four Seasons core and culture service standards, and will have assumed supervisory responsibilities in two or more departments within their first 12 months of employment.
Four Seasons prides itself on the commitment to the Golden Rule philosophy, and strives to provide the best possible experience for both our guests and employees. Because of our employee-centric approach, Four Seasons has been listed in the FORTUNE Magazine “100 Best Companies to Work For” rankings every year since 1998.
Internal Applicants should apply by July 31, 2018
- Complete two departmental job rotations within the Rooms division.
- Learn and follow task and service standards so that we expertly serve guests by providing exceptional knowledge of hotel products and services.
- Anticipate guest needs, ascertain satisfaction, offer suggestions, and respond urgently and appropriately to guest concerns and requests.
- Lead daily shift briefings, ensure that all new hires have been properly trained and entered in to payroll system according to training manuals, give feedback and coaching to all service staff and communicate progress of training to management.
- Attend, participate in and occasionally lead required meetings or training events.
- Complete two projects: 1) significantly impact the guest or employee experience within the department with, 2) determine a hotel-wide opportunity to develop a new strategy with a focus on revenue-enhancement and profitability.
- Contribute to our environment with a positive and friendly attitude.
- Demonstrate strong work ethic and proven leadership skills with the ability to make decisions to best serve our guest and employees.
- Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors; maintain discretion and confidentiality, including matters relating to guests, staff, and the company.
- Understand Four Seasons’ style, practices, culture, terminology, and general philosophy. Use these principles as guideline for behavior.
Desired Qualifications and Skills
- College degree preferably specializing in hotel/restaurant management or equivalent experience is required.
- Two years previous experience with a preferred leadership progression
- Ability to quickly gain a working knowledge of division operations as well as Four Seasons cultural and core standards, policies, and standard operating procedures. This working knowledge is generally learned on-the-job.
- Positive attitude with a generous and uplifting team approach
- Ability to proactively anticipate and prioritize the needs of the guest
- Energetic and professional approach to the art of hospitality
- Candidate must possess current authorization to work in the United States
What to Expect: You Will…
- Achieve a promotion to Assistant Manager upon successful completion of the program
- Acquire the skills that serve as the foundation for Four Seasons senior leadership
- Be part of a cohesive team with a singular focus on creating the best possible guest experience
- Have the ability to demonstrate your unique personality and service style while achieving the brand standards that make us Four Seasons
- Be encouraged to demonstrate your professional passion
- Have career growth opportunities both within Four Seasons Hotel Seattle and worldwide with our company
- Be rewarded with market-leading pay and a comprehensive benefit plan
- Get to experience other Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts through the complimentary room nights program
- Have the opportunity to engage in diverse and challenging work environment
Learn more about what it is like to work at Four Seasons – visit us:
We look forward to receiving your application!
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran and need a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, please contact our Human Resources Office at 650-470-2857.
Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the ''EEOC is The Law'' Information poster please visit this website - http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the ''EEOC is The Law'' Information poster please visit this website - http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdfFour Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the ''EEOC is The Law'' Information poster please visit this website - http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
- Job type
- East Palo Alto, CA, United States
- Management Trainee
- Starting in
- As soon as possible