Four Seasons Corporate Office has an exciting opportunity for a Demand Planner and Centralised Puchasing Analyst. This Demand Planning position is responsible for all support, training and forecasting activities associated with customers and products.
Create Statistical Forecasts:
- Gather, analyze and validate data
- Execute statistical modeling software
- Review resulting statistical forecast model
- Apply error analysis techniques to improve forecasting
- Summarize/aggregate statistical forecasts
- Develop demand forecasts (operational forecasts) at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons as part of a demand planning function
Review Sales Plans, Finance Budget Updates, Latest Estimates and Demand Drivers:
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results
- Present, solicit, and assess feedback on the various forecasts from sales and finance
- Recommend adjustments for operational forecasts
- Maintain Project Summary and communication changes to team
Provide Input to Volume Planning (Latest Estimates / Annual Process):
- Facilitate and manage demand planning meetings
- Achieve consensus with the business side and the demand chain
Maintain Demand Planning System and Software:
- Enter and modify data and ensure the correctness of product hierarchy
- Monitor trends in forecast error
- Identify relevant market-related data and competitive intelligence
- Support Sourcing and Procurement team in e-Procurement issue resolution, and escalation, and issue tracking to the e-Procurement provider.
- Prepare enhancement requests on behalf of the S&P team
Prepare and Maintain Relevant Reports for Demand Planning Process:
- Provide input to Sourcing and Procurement on developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs.
- Support analysis of products in the FS scope of procurement to assist in product development and changes.
- Support Bundle/product usage and reporting
System Administration Support:
- Provide system administration support to the Sourcing and Procurement team (to maintain segregation of duties)
Key Qualifications and Experience:
- APICS, forecasting or supply chain certification preferred
- BA/BS college degree or its equivalent
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in the industry
- Demonstrated proficiency in statistics, forecasting and forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts. Knowledge of SAP/APO, Manugistics, or Oracle Demand Planning or other software related to demand planning is preferred
- Experienced with other software packages including Windows, and Microsoft Office
- This position requires strong analytical, organizational, decision making, and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills are essential to effectively interact with all teams, areas and levels of business affecting the forecast process
All applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
Internal transfer applications must be completed in Workday by Monday, December 17, 2018.Four Seasons is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
- Job type
- Old Toronto, Toronto, Canada
- Starting in
- As soon as possible