The Director Residential Finance will support in the execution of various residential and mixed use assessment budgets as well as building project implementation packages and tools for a smooth handover to the opening teams. The role will further refine and develop new collateral, tools and references to ensure that stakeholders within Four Seasons and externally are educated and informed during the design/build and pre-opening phase.
The role is based in Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts, Toronto Corporate office, reporting to Vice President, Residential Finance. This position is highly visible, with interactions at various levels, both internally and externally.
Development of Carrying Cost/Pre-opening budgets for new residential projects
- Participate in the review and input into residential and mixed use operating assessment budgets for new residential developments as assigned to ensure that Four Seasons assumptions are incorporated, are reasonable and accurate.
- Provide internal financial analysis regarding new residential projects on finance matters as it relates to types of cost, cost allocation methods, market/internal cost benchmarking as well as residential rental impact as assigned.
- Secondary review and provide input as required into early pro-forma assessment cost estimates for comparability based on existing data and limited project specifics and articulate range of reasonableness, risks and sensitivities impacting cost.
- Secondary review financial matters of the project governing documents and related management agreements to ensure all finance terms are clear and can be practically managed.
- Provide a complete implementation and handover package as well as orientationsto pre-opening team regarding the rationale and references used in the prospectus budget.
- Coordinate with Regional Directors of Finance in Operations Finance group to prepare pre-opening budget for the residential.
Other expectations of the role
- Lead, mentor and develop direct report
- Participate in Residential Conference
- Support other Director Residential Finance in review process of yearly residential property budgets and reforecasts.
- Support VP Residential Finance to research, collate and develop collateral, content and tools to communicate best practices in residential and mixed use financial execution in collaboration with Operations Finance.
- Support other Director Residential Finance in Financial Oversight of opened and operating residential and mixed use projects including participation in property compliance reviews as directed by VP Residential Finance
- Support VP Residential Finance in new business model financial reviews, feasibility and other structural analyses as required.
Key Behavioural Competencies
- Excellent focus on detail and accuracy
- Humble leadership qualities, able to lead by example
- Strong interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence
- Negotiation and tactical thinking, superior judgment
- High social awareness during difficult discussions and ability to read the room
- Consummate team player with an excellent attitude and a strong work ethic
- Versatility and balance between conceptual and substantial problem solving approaches
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple work streams
- Recognizes risk, is thoughtful in what matters but avoids analysis paralysis
- Repeated experience in reducing complex and numerous inputs and qualitative considerations to articulate into a limited set of issues for resolution in a very short timeframe
- Reference feedback shows respect from all levels (sub, colleague, sup) with respect to how they were treated and competency
- Preference of work activity focuses on business concepts, structuring, designing, but able to translate into detail and steps in order to “operationalize” for execution
Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to use accounting software – SUN, Vision, FOCUS, Hyperion, etc.
- Microsoft Excel / Microsoft Word / Microsoft PowerPoint / Microsoft Project / Access
- Ability to learn and understand additional technical knowledge and skills as required
- Understanding of the branded residential / real estate and vacation home market and industry
- Good understanding of the hotel market, particularly the luxury segment.
- Solid experience in both industry financial management operations and accounting
- Experience in client services and consulting in addition to industry operations
Other Qualifications : Educational and Professional
- University Degree – focus on accounting / finance / real estate & property management / business
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) preferred
- Professional accounting/finance designation preferred
- 8-10 years of well-rounded experience in industry finance/accounting, project analysis and finance, hospitality and/or mixed use exposure a plus
- Role will require 10-25% travel, as per business needs
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Old Toronto, Toronto, Canada
- Starting in
- As soon as possible