Four Seasons Hotel Prague is looking for Hotel Manager who shares a passion for excellence and who infuses enthusiasm into everything we do. Our Hotel Manager has the opportunity to shape our guest experience by providing exceptional knowledge and service in support of our hotel. This position is a true Co-Pilot and reports to General Manager. He/she will be a member of the Hotel Leadership team who collectively make key strategic and operational decisions for the Hotel.
Four Seasons prides itself on the commitment to the Golden Rule philosophy - “Treat others the way you would like to be treated.”, and strives to provide the best possible experience for both our guests and employees. Because of our employee-centric approach, Four Seasons has been listed in the FORTUNE Magazine “100 Best Companies to Work For” rankings every year since 1998.
The Hotel Manager will provide leadership and management for all operational hotel personnel: directly for three key management personnel and indirectly for management, non-management personnel. He/she acts as an Agent for change and demonstrates strong business acumen and ability to drive processes through the team. Accepts responsibility for the health, safety and welfare of the hotel guests and employees. Be accountable for all personnel actions, assets, and personal property and the end results of their use. Represent the hotel to civic, business, industry and local government. Must currently be a Hotel Manager and management within a union environment is required.
- Align Operational team with property objectives and enhances Talent
- Assist in ensuring that all areas of the hotel are appropriately staffed to handle demand periods and that staff are well trained, polite and conduct themselves in a professional manner.
- Maintain a solid working relationship with the Hotel Owners and participate in Owner’s meetings.
- Personally meet and interact with guests, review all written guest comments and follow up on any guest service issues or needs. Oversee preventive maintenance programs such as “Perfect Room” initiative.
- Directly supervise at a minimum the Director of Food and Beverage, Front Office Manager and Executive Housekeeper.
- Assume the role of Hotel Spokesperson in the absence of the General Manager in any emergency or crisis situation.
- Coordinate preparation go timely and accurate forecasts with Sales and Marketing, Food and Beverage and Rooms and Engineering.
- Perform other tasks or projects as assigned by the General Manager or Four Seasons Home Office.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
Degree required or equivalent experience in the form of 5-10 years hotel operations and/or management.
Proven leadership skills in a hotel/resort environment ideally
Expert in Service delivery and creator of unique experiences
Highest level of integrity and transparency
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Promote a continuous learning environment that creates an atmosphere for professional development opportunities
Apply an ethical approach to influence the outcome of situations
Serve as a role model for others by demonstrating appropriate business conduct and ethical principles
Continuously seek to improve/develop the performance of others and continuously strive to improve his/her own performance
Fluent written and spoken English, basic Czech/Slovak would be an advantage
All applicants must hold the Right to Work in the Czech Republic
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Old Toronto, Toronto, Canada
- Starting in
- As soon as possible