Four Seasons is looking for a MEP Manager to join the Design and Construction team based in the Toronto Corporate Office.
The MEP Manager will lead the delivery of advice and support to projects, with respect to all base building engineering design and construction, through the VP Engineering.
- Assist VP Engineering in developing revisions to Corporate Design Standards involving mechanical, electrical, plumbing and systems.
- Coordinate collaboratively with other key stake holders within the corporate office.
- To review and comment on project documents from schematic to coordination in conjunction with architectural and interior coordination set.
- Assist Pre-Opening Director of Engineer to establish with the Owners’ teams, an appropriate T&C program and tracker system.
- Assist Pre-Opening Director of Engineer to establish, guest room and MEP readiness tracker.
- To review latent defects with property Director of Engineer at regular intervals and update data base.
- To provide assistance in review of the MEP scope.
- To develop MEP asset management register.
- University or College Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 5 – 10 years’ experience in hotel design and planning
- Training or Certification in AutoCad and project management beneficial
- Natural aptitude for efficient teamwork
- Strong interpersonal skills to relate well with internal 4S project team members, as well as key members of owner’s project team
- Analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities in an environment constantly in flux
- Ability to work under pressure and meet challenging deadlines
- Understanding of appropriate time to escalate project issues to VP Engineering based on an understanding of key business aspects of the Owner / Operator relationship
- Provide design reviews of MEP system designs and critical equipment, at key milestones, to ensure alignment throughout the D&C process with 4S Standards and/or any agreed variations
- Know, maintain and update the 4S MEP Engineering Standards, with input from existing 4S operations, to represent best current industry practice
- Represent the 4S MEP Engineering Standards in all project work, including provision of appropriate value judgement in VE efforts
- Identify continually unresolved problematic areas of MEP design, and through the Project Lead, and with VP Engineering
- Assist the Director, Project Planning, in conjunction with the Project Leads, to monitor reporting of progress of projects, and identify significant variances
- Establish effective feedback process with Operations to receive post-mortem “lessons learned”, for product and process improvements
- Experience and knowledge of: Hotel MEP systems design, related Construction methods and materials, Industry Standards and Practices, typical Building Code requirements, critical Coordination aspects of MEP systems with Hotel interiors, T&C practices, key Engineering Operations aspects
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Old Toronto, Toronto, Canada
- Starting in
- As soon as possible