We are looking for an individual who is passionate about food. Attention to detail and a strong work ethic are required in this position. The Demi Chef de Partie works together with other team members on a daily basis to ensure a flawlessly executed final product.
The Demi Chef de Partie is an essential member of the culinary team dedicated to providing exceptional quality and service to our guests. The Kitchen presents an endless amount of opportunities of learning and growth for line cook positions of all levels.
- Review the daily production sheets with the Sous Chef.
- Actively participates in training of culinary skills to junior staff and apprentices
- Adhere to standardized recipes and specifications in order to maintain consistency and ensure all standards are met
- Keeps work station clean and organized including fridge''s/freezers, countertops and stove tops
- Ensures that station opening and closing procedures are carried out to standard
- Operate all kitchen equipment and conduct themselves with safety in mind at all times
- Ensures that all food products are handled, stored, prepared and served safely in accordance with hotel and government Food Safety guidelines
- Compliance with all safety regulations of assigned tasks, and ensure a clean and safe working environment with active participation in the hotel health and safety program
- Adhere to all environmental policies and programs as required
- Other reasonable duties as assigned
- At minimum 4 years previous Kitchen/Cook experience in a fast paced restaurant operation.
- Must have experience and be proficient in both a la carte and production cooking
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in a luxury hotel with comparable service and standards an asset
- Red Seal Certificate (Journeyman''s papers) or Recognized International Equivalent an asset
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Applicant must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Additional Skills & Abilities preferred
- Exceptional communication skills, command of English language.
- Additional language a definite asset for career growth.
- A culinary training degree is preferred.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Old Toronto, Toronto, Canada
- F&B kitchen
- Starting in
- As soon as possible