BASIC PURPOSE: Serve guest needs by providing exceptional knowledge of menu items and local California fare.
1. Describe the selection of food and beverage menu items to guests by offering interesting, and vivid descriptions of the each item’s, origin, taste, and preparation methods; maintain food & menu knowledge for items offered in the restaurant; communicate guest orders including any special needs or requests to the kitchen or bartender using the hotel’s point-of-sales system; check completed orders with the guest’s original order; transport items to the guest table in a timely manner. (35%)
2. Anticipate guest needs before requests are necessary, ascertain satisfaction, and offer suggestions, and respond urgently and appropriately to guest concerns and requests. (20%)
3. Properly and accurately close guest checks; process cash and credit card payments; properly settle voided checks or complimentary items. (15%)
4. Offer guests of the restaurant an enjoyable, expertly served beverage/dining experience conforming to Four Seasons standards of excellence for quality, professionalism and friendliness. (10%)
5. Comply with Four Seasons’ Category One and Category Two Work Rules and Standards of Conduct as set forth in EmPact. (10%)
6. Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors. (10%)
1. Carry trays properly and safely as well as break them down.
2. Provide quick and attentive assistance to any mishap in the restaurant.
3. Stocking paper and supplies.
4. Attention to detail and problem solving skills, as well as a passion for customer service
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Education: High school education or equivalent experience.
Experience: Minimum two years restaurant service or related work.
Skills and Abilities: Ability to carry and balance a tray. Ability to accurately process cash and credit card transactions.
Must provide CA Food Handler Card upon hire
Additional Job Description
Must have ability to work on Holidays and Weekends.Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the ''EEOC is The Law'' Information poster please visit this website - http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
- Job type
- Westlake Village, CA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract